Proud to be a Top 10 Yoga Retreat in the World and featured in
Pure Yoga Retreat Holidays : Going Deeper
2018 : May 24-29 & June 21-26 from £720.00
(can’t make these dates? see our other retreats here)
Location: Gorgeous boutique hotel near the sea in Denia, Spain.
If you’re keen to re-kindle or develop your existing yoga practice, going on a yoga retreat is the perfect way to deepen your understanding with experienced teachers. Whether you’re new to yoga or have a regular practice, this retreat brings together all the classic elements of yoga in a simple but profound way.
We include all that yoga has to offer with carefully planned twice daily yoga sessions with alignment cues & teaching tips to help develop your asana practice, a variety of cleansing pranayama techniques, meditations and some yogic philosophy too. We even include a workshop where you can learn how to create your own yoga practice so that you feel inspired to carry on when you return home.
In addition to the yoga programme, there’ll also be some fun-but-good-for-you optional activities to help you get to know this beautiful part of Spain a little better. There’ll be a guided coastal hike, bike ride, Aerial yoga, SUP yoga , pampering therapies from our elite wellness team or, just head to the beach and relax in the sunshine with a book you’ve wanted to read all year!
You’ll feel so much stronger & calmer by the end of your stay and see a huge difference in your yoga practice.
“I thoroughly enjoyed my yoga holiday. It’s been a great way to relax and deepen my yoga practice. The hotel is gorgeous and the food has been absolutely delicious. The whole holiday has been well thought out & very well organised. Thank you. Katy”
Our Pure Yoga Retreat Holidays are held near the sea in the vibrant coastal town of Denia, an hour north of Alicante. You’ll be staying at a gorgeous little boutique hotel in the historic ‘old town’ & just 15 minutes walk to the sea. A stay here promises a taste of the ‘real‘ Spain – staying alongside local Spanish families, close to Denia’s castle and many tasty little tapas bars.
The hotel was originally built in the 19th century as a home for a wealthy merchant & his family. Later, after serving time as a convent, the house came into the hands of the current Spanish owners who have lovingly resorted this beautiful house into a stylish, unique little hotel. The owners are an incredibly creative couple – accomplished artist, photographers, Ayurvedic chef & Feng Shui interior designers. Their creativity, design and Feng Shui skills bring a fabulous calming energy throughout the entire house.
Each of the 18 bedrooms are unique. Individually styled & decorated with original works of art, beautiful furniture in keeping with the style of the house, quality linens and painted in soft soothing colours to attract the Mediterranean light. All rooms have their own ensuite bathroom and are equipped with twin or double beds, hot & cold air-conditioning, hair-dryer, safety deposit, fresh towels, a daily maid service, complimentary toiletries & WiFi.
You can chose to stay in a regular size standard room or upgrade to a special Superior room for an additional £35 for the holiday. And, as we don’t expect our solo guests to share, all rooms are available for single use for a reasonable extra £75 for the entire holiday.
The twice daily yoga sessions are held in the hotel’s peaceful courtyard where there’s an abundance of lush Mediterranean plants, fruit trees and a fish pool. There’s simply nothing better than practicing yoga with blue skies overhead, fresh sea air and the sound of birds.
The yoga asana practice combines the deep therapeutic stretches of Hatha with the warming flow of Vinyasa Yoga together with restorative Yin Yoga. Morning sessions tend to be more energising with vinyasa flow sequences to warm the body, stretch muscles and open joints whilst synchronising breath with movement. Evening sessions are quieter, slower and restorative in nature where we’ll hold postures a little longer working with the breath to move deeper within.
The yoga level is suitable for keen beginners and the super flexible yogi. Our teaching style is precise but relaxed. There’s no pressure to create the perfect looking yoga posture as all our bodies are different – though we do encourage proper alignment to prevent injury. What’s more important is that you focus on how the yoga ‘feels’ in your body as yoga is something you feel not what you ‘do’. Likewise, there’s no room for ego so pay no attention to what others are doing around you, just respect where your body is at now. Be patient, keep practicing and your body will open up & let you back in.
Read more about your yoga teachers here
“A well put together holiday that I reckon exceeds all others! We will be back!” Karen
Pure Yoga Retreat Programme Overview
Each day begins quietly with some fresh fruits & a cup of herbal tea sipped in the courtyard whilst you slowly awaken. Then, at 8.30am we begin a 90 minute morning yoga practice to open our bodies & senses to the day before a healthy delicious buffet breakfast/brunch where you can feast on fresh fruits, wholesome cereals, yogurts, cheeses, eggs, freshly squeezed juices, breads, jams, honey.
Then, depending on the day, you could be :
- Heading out on a guided 13k beach walk
- Taking part in some optional activities such as our Guided Bike Ride, SUP Yoga & Aerial Yoga Workshop
- Enjoying some pampering with our holistic therapies
- Taking a little Spanish siesta in your room
- Exploring the lovely town of Denia with its ancient Castle, byzantine churches, picturesque streets, gorgeous little boutiques & alfresco cafes
- Or, simply head to the beach to top up your tan & jump in the waves :)
Late afternoon we regroup for the 2nd yoga class to unwind from the day before a delicious vegetarian supper. On 2 eves your taste buds are free to dine at the fabulous local restaurants – Denia has been awarded a UNESCO Creative City of Gastronomy so dining out is a sensory treat! On one of these free eves we organise a meal at a local restaurant which you are free to join if you wish.
Everything is optional. Just spend the holiday exactly how you wish. It’s no problem if you decide to skip a yoga class or two, spend the day by the beach or explore Denia
A little word from one of our guests …
2018 : May 24-29 standard room £720.00 / superior room £755.00
2018 : June 21-26 standard room £745.00 / superior room £780.00
Pay in full or in instalments starting with £300 deposit via bank transfer or online with a card
Your Pure Yoga Retreat investment includes:
- 5 nights accommodation in en-suite room (single use available for £75 for the week)
- Welcome chat & refreshments day one
- Guided 13k coastal walk on first morning to get you out into nature & breathing the wonderful sea air
- Pre-morning yoga fresh fruits & herbal teas to help you slowly awaken
- Daily 90 minute morning yoga sessions to awaken the mind & body for day in the sunshine
- Daily 90 minute evening sessions to unwind and stretch out the body at the end of the day
- Delicious buffet breakfast/brunch each day bursting with seasonal fruits, wholesome cereals, egg dishes, Spanish cheeses & cold cuts, yogurts, nuts, seeds & dried fruits to sprinkle on your morning yogurt, freshly squeezed – locally grown – oranges, breads, croissants & pastries, infusions & teas
- Gourmet 3-course vegetarian meals at the hotel on all but 2 evenings. On 2 eves your taste-buds are free to explore local dining. One of these evenings we will organise a group meal at a local restaurant, your attendance is not compulsory nor complimentary, join us if you fancy.
- Guided meditations & visualisations to help set your ‘energy’ for the day or to help you unwind from the day
- Mudras, Meditation & Mantras workshop .. chance to explore various methods to calm the mind & body
- Workshop to help you create your own home yoga practice so that you feel inspired to carry on with a meaningful yoga practice designed for your needs
- Optional: Guided Bike Ride, SUP Yoga & Aerial Yoga Workshops (from €25)
- Pampering therapies
- All yoga equipment
- Onsite Retreat Manager to look after your every need
- Unlimited herbal teas throughout
- Well-being gifts to help you unwind
- Plenty of time to relax at the beach with a good book you’ve been meaning to read all year!
- Our optional airport transfer service from/to Alicante at selected times – see below*
Have some questions? Check our FAQs or
Mail or call us now on:
(0034) 620 147 089
Need convincing? see more reviews
*Our private group airport transfer service.
Operates from/to Alicante airport. Pick up on arrival will be between 11am-13.00 & arrive at airport on final day for midday. Transfers take 75 minutes & cost €40 per person each way. Check your flight options to Alicante here.
Please ensure your flight arrives no later than 12.15 on arrival day & departs no earlier than 13.30 on departure day too allow time to clear customs & collect your luggage.
Flights outside of our transfer service we are happy to book a private taxi for you or book you on a resort ‘hopper’ shuttle bus service from/to the airport.