Proud to be a Top 10 Yoga Retreat in the World and featured in
Pure Yoga Retreat Holidays : Going Deeper
2019 : May 23-28, June 6-11 & September 5-10 from £735.00
(can’t make these dates? see our other retreats here)
Location: Gorgeous boutique hotel near the sea in Denia, Spain.
If you’re keen to re-kindle or develop your existing yoga practice, going on a yoga retreat is the perfect way to deepen your understanding with experienced teachers. Whether you’re new to yoga or have a regular practice this retreat brings together all elements of yoga in a simple but profound way.
With carefully planned twice daily yoga sessions with plenty of teacher guidance to help develop your asanas (postures), cleansing pranayama techniques, calming meditations, self care practices and some yoga philosophy too. We even include a workshop where we share how to create your own yoga practice so that you feel inspired to carry on when you return home.
In addition to yoga there’ll also be some fun-but-good-for-you optional activities to help you explore this beautiful part of Spain. There’ll be a guided coastal hike, bike ride, Aerial yoga, Paddle board yoga together with pampering therapies with our elite wellness team or, simply head to the beach and relax in the sunshine with a book you’ve wanted to read all year!
By the end of your stay you’ll feel strong & calm and see a huge difference in your yoga practice.
“I thoroughly enjoyed my yoga holiday. It’s been a great way to relax and deepen my yoga practice. The hotel is gorgeous and the food has been absolutely delicious. The whole holiday has been well thought out & very well organised. Thank you. Katy”
We are delighted to host our Pure Yoga Retreats near the sea in the vibrant coastal town of Denia at a gorgeous little boutique hotel in the historic old town, just 15 minutes walk to the sea & an hour from Alicante airport.
A stay here promises a taste of the ‘real’ Spain – staying alongside local Spanish families, Denia castle and tasty little tapas bars.
The hotel was originally built in the 19th century for a wealthy merchant. Later, after being used as a Convent, the house came into the hands of the current Spanish owners who have lovingly resorted this beautiful house into a stylish, unique hotel. The owners are an incredibly creative couple – they paint, do photography, trained in Ayurvedic cooking & Feng Shui interior designers.
Their creativity and Feng Shui skills have been used extensively throughout the house & now there’s a fabulous calming energy you’ll notice as soon as you arrive.
Each of the 18 bedrooms are beautifully styled & decorated with works of art, beautiful furniture, quality linens and painted in soft soothing colours to attract the Mediterranean light. All rooms have own ensuite bathroom and have either twin or double beds, hot & cold air-conditioning, hair-dryer, safety deposit, fresh towels, a daily maid service, complimentary toiletries & WiFi.
You can chose to stay in a regular standard room or upgrade to a special Superior room for an additional £45 for the entire holiday. And, as we don’t expect our solo guests to share, all rooms are available for single use for a reasonable extra £75 for the entire holiday.
The twice daily yoga sessions are held in the hotel’s peaceful courtyard where there’s an abundance of lush Mediterranean plants, trees and a turtle pool. Simply nothing nicer than practicing yoga under blue skies.
The yoga practice combines the deep therapeutic stretches of Hatha with the warming flow of Vinyasa Yoga together with restorative Yin Yoga. Morning sessions tend to be more energising with vinyasa flow sequences to warm the body, stretch muscles and open joints whilst synchronising breath with movement. Evening sessions are quieter, slower and restorative in nature where we’ll hold postures a little longer working with the breath to move deeper within.
The yoga level is suitable for keen beginners and the super flexible yogi. Our teaching style is precise but relaxed. There’s no pressure to create the perfect looking yoga posture as all our bodies are different – though we do encourage proper alignment to prevent injury. What’s more important is that you focus on how the yoga ‘feels’ in your body as yoga is something you feel not what you ‘do’. Likewise, there’s no room for ego so pay no attention to what others are doing around you, just respect where your body is at now. Be patient, keep practicing and your body will open up & let you back in.
Read more about your yoga teachers
“A well put together holiday that I reckon exceeds all others! We will be back!” Karen
Pure Yoga Retreat Programme Overview
Each day begins quietly with some fresh fruits & a cup of herbal tea sipped in the courtyard whilst you slowly awaken. Then, at 8.30am we begin a 90 minute morning yoga practice to open our bodies & senses to the day before a healthy delicious buffet breakfast/brunch where you can feast on fresh fruits, wholesome cereals, yogurts, cheeses, eggs, freshly squeezed juices, breads, jams, honey.
Then, depending on the day, you could be ….
Heading out with us on a coastal walk
Joining the optional Bike Ride, Yoga on a Paddle board or Aerial Yoga Workshop
Enjoying a little (or a lot of!) pampering with our elite wellness team
Taking a guilt free snooze in your room
Relaxing under the trees in the hotel courtyard with an intriguing book
Explore the lovely vibrant town of Denia with its Castle, beautiful streets, gorgeous boutiques & little tapas bars
Or simply … head to the beach to top up your tan & jump in the waves :)
Late afternoon we regroup for another yoga session to unwind from the day before a delicious vegetarian supper. On 2 eves your taste buds are free to dine at the fabulous local restaurants – Denia has been awarded a UNESCO Creative City of Gastronomy so dining out is a sensory treat! On one of these free eves we organise a meal at a local restaurant which you are free to join if you wish.
Everything is optional. Just spend the holiday exactly how you wish. It’s no problem if you decide to skip a yoga class or two, spend the day by the beach or explore Denia
A little word from one of our guests …
2019 Dates & Prices
May 23-28 standard room from £735.00 / superior room from £780.00 (2 spaces)
June 6-11 standard room from £745.00 / superior room from £790.00 (Sold Out)
September 5-10 standard room from £775.00 / superior room from £820.00
Your investment includes:
- Option to pay in full or in instalments starting with £300 deposit via bank transfer or online with a card
- 5 nights accommodation in en-suite room. As we never ask (nor expect) solo guests to share, all solo travellers are given their own double room with private bathroom for a single use charge of £75 for the week
- Welcome chat & refreshments day one
- Guided 13k coastal walk on first morning to help stretch your legs & cleanse the lungs with fresh sea air
- Pre-morning yoga fresh fruits & herbal teas to help you slowly awaken
- Daily 90 minute morning yoga sessions to awaken the mind & body for day in the sunshine
- Daily 90 minute evening sessions to unwind and stretch out the body at the end of the day
- Delicious buffet breakfast/brunch each day bursting with seasonal fruits, wholesome cereals, egg dishes, Spanish cheeses & cold cuts, yogurts, nuts, seeds & dried fruits to sprinkle on your morning yogurt, smoothies, pancakes, fresh juice, breads, croissants & pastries, infusions & teas
- Gourmet 3-course vegetarian meals at the hotel on all but 2 evenings. On 2 eves your taste-buds are free to explore local dining. One of these evenings we will organise a group meal at a local restaurant, your attendance is not compulsory nor complimentary, join us if you fancy.
- Guided meditations & visualisations to set the tone for the day
- Self care practices
- Mudras, Meditation & Mantras workshop .. explore various methods to calm the mind & body
- Workshop to help you create your own home yoga practice so that you feel inspired to carry on with a meaningful yoga practice designed for your needs
- Optional: Guided Bike Ride, Paddle board Yoga & Aerial Yoga Workshops (from €25)
- Pampering therapies
- All yoga equipment
- One of our super experienced Retreat Managers to look after your every need
- Unlimited herbal teas throughout
- Well-being gifts to help you unwind
- Plenty of time to relax at the beach with a good book you’ve been meaning to read all year!
- Our optional airport transfer service from/to Alicante at selected times – see below*
Have some questions? Check our FAQs or
Mail or call us now on:
(0034) 620 147 089
Need convincing? see more reviews
*Our private group airport transfer service.
Operates from/to Alicante airport. Pick up on arrival will be between 11am-13.00 & arrive at airport on final day for midday. Transfers take 75 minutes & cost €40 per person each way. Check your flight options to Alicante here.
Please ensure your flight arrives no later than 12.15 on arrival day & departs no earlier than 13.30 on departure day too allow time to clear customs & collect your luggage.
Flights outside of our transfer service we are happy to book a private taxi for you or book you on a resort ‘hopper’ shuttle bus service from/to the airport.