Yoga & Hiking retreat overview
Invigorate your mind, body and soul with twice daily yoga, hikes in spectacular scenery, ridiculously healthy cuisine, therapies, optional ‘fun but good for you’ activities and free time to relax, head to the beach, swim, chat, read, snooze & explore.
Yoga and Hiking are a perfect combination. Hiking is great for the heart and lungs but, on it’s own, can create tight leg muscles and an aching back. But with the help of yoga you’ll improve your flexibility & strength, increase joint mobility and deepen your breathing. Hence the gaps left by hiking are perfectly balanced with daily yoga.
Head to the sun and move your body!
"I have never been on a yoga holiday before but I can't imagine I could have found a better one for what I was looking for." Cynthia
Yoga & Hiking Retreat Holidays Location
Our Yoga & Hiking Holidays take place in the coastal town of Altea, an hour north of Alicante. Altea is surrounded by coast hugging mountains that tumble to the sea and is considered to be one of the prettiest towns in this area with little white washed houses lining narrow cobbled streets, interesting artisan shops a stunning blue domed church and a gorgeous coastline.
According to the World Health Organisation this is one of the healthiest places to on Earth!
Yoga & Hiking Holidays Accommodation
We’re delighted to host this retreat at a 300 year old Olive farm that’s been owned by the same Spanish family for all 300 years!
The farm has been renovated into a traditional country house hotel and sits in a peaceful spot with lovely views to the mountains & sea and yet, the pretty town & beaches of Altea are within easy reach.
There’s a pool in the garden, a small gym & sauna, a light filled yoga studio and a restaurant. Vincenta – the hotel owner – looks after us supremely well bringing fresh eggs from her happy hens and baking breakfast cakes each day.
The 22 spacious and superbly equipped rooms have double or twin beds, hot/cold air-conditioning, WiFi, a fridge, TV, safety deposit, telephone and a daily maid service to keep things fresh & sparkling. Every room has its own ensuite bathroom with fluffy bathrobes, fresh towels, complimentary toiletries and hairdryer.
We never ask nor expect guests to share & so, if you are coming on your own, you’ll have your own double room with private bathroom .. unless you’d like to share with a friend of course.
"I loved the hotel, the ambiance, the character and the delicious food." Carol
The Hikes & Activities
Our first walk is a good leg stretch with an easy 13k walk along quiet lanes & country tracks close to the hotel. We’ll pass groves of oranges, lemons, limes, olives, figs, almonds and avocados before heading toward the sea before returning to the hotel via the pretty town of Altearead more...
The second hike is classed as moderate to ‘challenging in places’. You’ll be out for 4-5 hours in the nearby mountains & so we include a picnic lunch. We’ll take you on one of our favourite routes with stunning far reaching views across the countryside & down towards the sea.
There’ll also be time for a 3rd self-guided easy coastal walk to our neighbouring town with maps provided by us.
All walks are of course optional.
When you’re not hiking or doing yoga, we’ve got some other ‘fun-but-good-for-you’ optional activities ….
We know how important it is to have some down time too and so we allow for that but, if you did fancy something else, we also have a guided bike ride, Spanish cookery class and lovely treatments with our elite wellness team or simply, laze by the pool with a good book in the sunshine!
The twice daily yoga sessions are designed to complement the hikes. We’ll combine strength building Hatha yoga with warming Vinyasa Flow and restorative Yin Yoga to relax you completely.
Morning yoga tend to be lightly energising to lift your spirits whereas evening evening sessions will be slower where we’ll hold yoga postures a little longer to allow the body to open up and let you back in.read more...
The yoga is suitable for keen beginners right up to the super flexible yogi. Our teaching style is precise but relaxed and, as safety is important, expect to hear plenty of alignment cues.
There’s no pressure to create the ‘perfect’ yoga postures. We’ve all come to yoga with different bodies and different abilities and so what’s important is that you pay attention to how the yoga feels in your body regardless of whether you achieve the full expression of the pose. Likewise there’s no room for ego as it’s not what we’re about. It doesn’t matter what other people are doing around you, just listen to your body and gently explore.
"I've so enjoyed my break & can understand why you have so many returnees .. I'll be back too!" Wendy
Our aim is to nourish you with meals that are predominantly plant based though locally caught fresh fish is an option some eves for those that would like it. As you’ll be pretty active with yoga & hiking, we make sure you are adequately nourished to ensure you have the energy to do all the things you love.read more...
We’re blessed to have an abundance of underground water springs & so we have a year round bounty of delicious fruits & veggies on our doorstep hence our menus change seasonally to make good use of this harvest.
Breakfasts are buffet style with wholesome cereals, egg dishes, Spanish cold cuts & local cheeses, yogurts (inc. dairy free), fresh fruits, juices, sun kissed tomatoes & avocados, selection of breads, breakfast cake, infusions & teas. Gluten & dairy free dishes are available too with advance notice.
We take supper ‘at home’ on all but two eves where Chef loves to prepare super tasty 3-course suppers including a healthy dessert … after all, you have been working very hard with all this yoga & hiking! There are 2 eves where your taste buds will be free to explore local dining .. its a great way to immerse yourself in a new culture .. and we’ll organise a meal out on one of these free eves too should you like to join us.
Seasonal produce and a variety of amazing flavours are key to feeling nourished
Yoga & Hiking Retreat Programme Overview
Each day begins quietly with herbal tea & fruit to help you slowly awaken. Next its Morning Yoga to open your body & senses to the day followed by a hearty breakfast of fresh fruits, wholesome cereals, yogurts, local cheeses & cold cuts, Spanish tortilla, eggs, sun kissed tomatoes & avocados, breakfast cakes, breads, fresh juice, teas & infusions. Help yourself to as much as you like.
In between classes you can take part in various activities exclusively for our guests – see the list on the right.
Late afternoon we gather for another yoga session to help us unwind from the day before a delicious vegetarian supper. We dine at the hotel on all but 2 evenings. On one of these free eves your taste-buds are free to explore local dining options & on the second free eve, we organise a meal at a local restaurant which you are free to join if you wish.
We like our retreats to be super relaxed so if there’s a morning you’d like a lie-in or an afternoon you’d like to wander into town & skip class, no problem! Do what your soul asks.
OPTIONAL ACTIVITIES INCLUDE:
In addition to twice daily yoga you could also:
- Join us for a 13k ‘coast & country’ walk on your first morning
- Head with us into stunning mountains for a mountain hike with picnic lunch
- Sign up for a bike ride and/or the Spanish cookery class
- Explore the pretty town of Altea nearby
- Take a walk along the sea to the neighbouring town
- Enjoy some pampering with our elite wellness team
- Ease out aching muscles in the sauna
- Relax by the pool in the sun
- Make yourself a cuppa, find a cosy corner & curl up with a book
Need convincing? See more of our reviews
Yoga & Hiking Holidays : Dates & Prices
March 21-26, October 3-8 and October 17-22 from £745.00
Payment can be in UK Sterling or Euros in full or instalments – see how to book for details
- 5 nights accommodation in rural tranquility. Unless you’re bringing a friend to share you’ll be given your own double room for a small charge of £75.00 for the week.
- Welcome gathering with refreshments on arrival day – chance to meet everyone
- Fresh fruits & herbal teas each morning on waking
- 3x 90 minute morning yoga sessions to uplift & inspire
- 4x 90 minute evening yoga to unwind & stretch out from the day
- Super buffet breakfast with seasonal fruits, wholesome cereals, egg dishes, Spanish cheeses & cold cuts, yogurts, fresh juice, locally grown tomatoes & avocados, assorted breads, breakfast cake, infusions & teas. Gluten & dairy free options available with advance notice.
- Delicious plant based 3-course suppers at the hotel on your first, second & last evening. On your two free evenings your taste buds can explore the excellent local restaurants. On one of these eves we’ll organise a group meal at a local restaurant if you’d like to join us.
- Love Your Mind meditation workshop on Sunday evening
- Guided 13k coast & country walk
- Guided mountain walk (4.5-5 hour) with picnic lunch
- Maps for a self-guided coastal walk
- Optional activities: Spanish cookery class, guided Bike ride & lovely therapies
- All yoga equipment – mats, blocks, straps & blankets
- Option to extend your stay & book extra nights – ask us for details
- Use of the hotel’s small gym & sauna – sauna incurs a small charge
- Unlimited herbal teas to keep you hydrated
- Services of our experienced Retreat Manager to ensure everything goes smoothly & you don’t have to lift a finger – we’re quite serious about that!
- Well-being gifts to help you unwind
- Option to join our group airport transfer service from/to Alicante – see below
"Thank you SO much for an incredibly fun, relaxing and insightful week. It was exactly what I needed and I could have done it without you!" Louise
Our airport transfer service
We offer a private group airport transfer from/to Alicante airport which is €40 each way. Journey time is an hour. We leave the airport on arrival day between 11.00-13.00 and arrive back at airport on final day at approximately mid-day. Check your flight options to Alicante here.
Please ensure your arrival flight lands no later than 12.45 on arrival day to allow sufficient time to collect your luggage & meet our driver. On the final day you should book a flight that departs no earlier than 13.30.
Flights outside of our transfer service we are happy to either, book a private taxi or book you on an airport shuttle bus service from/to Alicante airport.