Pure Yoga Retreat overview
Going on a yoga retreat is the perfect way to develop or re-kindle your yoga practice and deepen your understanding in just a few days.
Our Pure Yoga Retreats include all that the beautiful art of yoga has to offer. With carefully planned twice daily yoga sessions led by seasoned teachers who’ll take you on a yoga journey linking asanas with breath work (pranayama), uplifting music, meditation and an exploration of some of yoga’s deepest gifts in the ‘Beyond the Asana‘ workshops all delivered with passion and a sense of playfulness.
In addition to twice daily yoga there’ll also be some ‘fun-but-good-for-you’ optional activities too. There is an optional guided walk along the beach, bike ride, Yoga on the sea on a Paddle Board, superb therapies & massages or, just head to the beach and relax in the sunshine.
Everything is optional .. even the yoga!
Whether you’re new to yoga or not, this retreat brings together all the elements of yoga in a simple but profound way
"This holiday has been a great way to relax and deepen my yoga practice. The hotel is gorgeous and the food has been absolutely delicious. The whole holiday has been very well organised and thought out. Thank you." Katy
Location for our Pure Yoga Retreats
Our Pure Yoga Retreats are held near the sea in the vibrant town of Denia, 75 minutes north of Alicante.
You’ll stay at a gorgeous little boutique hotel in the historic ‘old town’ – the original heart of Denia. A stay here promises a taste of the ‘real‘ Spain as you’ll be alongside local Spanish families, tasty tapas bars, a few steps from Denia castle and an easy 15 minute stroll to the sea.
Denia has two lovely sandy beaches, an elegant town with beautiful architecture, little boutiques, alfresco cafes, excellent restaurants and a marina where you can catch a boat to Ibiza … should you wish!
Pure Yoga Retreats - Accommodation
We are delighted to host this retreat at a very special little hotel close to the sea. Built in the 19th century as a family home for a wealthy local merchant, the house later became a convent & school before the current owners took 2 years lovingly restoring the house into a beautiful & unique hotel with 20 exquisite rooms.
The Spanish owners just happen to be Feng Shui interior designers & artists and so there’s a lovely calm vibe throughout the entire house that adds a special ‘something’ to our stay here.
Each bedroom is beautifully styled with original artwork & period furniture. All rooms have twin or double bed, hot & cold air-conditioning, hair-dryer, safety deposit, WiFi, TV, a daily maid service to keep everything fresh and an ensuite bathroom with fluffy towels & complimentary organic toiletries.
You can chose a standard room or upgrade to a larger superior room. We also have a couple of large family rooms that can accommodate up to 4 guests should you & your friends want to holiday together?
"A truly relaxing and wonderful retreat. Every tiny detail is taken care of so you feel completely supported. The yoga is great - excellent teachers who don't pressurise you & the food absolutely delicious. This is an amazing holiday." Lindsey
We’ll practice yoga in the hotel courtyard as there’s nothing better than practicing yoga in the fresh air under blue skies.
The twice daily 90 minute yoga sessions combine the deep therapeutic stretches of Hatha with the warming flow of Vinyasa Yoga together with some deeply Restorative Yoga.read more...
Morning sessions lean towards slow flowing vinyasa sequences to warm the body, stretch muscles and open joints whilst synchronising breath with movement so that your practice becomes a moving meditation. Evening sessions are quieter, slower and restorative where we’ll hold postures a little longer working with the breath to move deeper within.
During your yoga week we’ll also explore some of yoga’s subtle but profound ‘secrets’ in our ‘Beyond the Asana’ workshops to ensure you have a deep immersion into this ancient practice.
The yoga level is suitable for keen beginners and the super flexible yogi. Our teaching style is precise but relaxed. There’s no pressure to create the perfect looking yoga posture as our bodies are all different – though we do encourage proper alignment to prevent injury. What’s more important is that you focus on how the yoga ‘feels’ in your body as yoga is something you feel not what you ‘do’. Likewise, there’s no room for ego so pay no attention to what others are doing around you, just respect where your body is now.
Meet your yoga teachers
Breathe. Practice Yoga. Meditate. Restore
We are blessed to have an abundance of underground springs in this area & so there is a year round bounty of fruits & veggies on our doorstep hence we make good use of this harvest in our menus that change seasonally.
We’ll nourish you with a delicious plant based diet (though locally caught fish is offered one evening for those that would like it). In the warmer months we tend towards dishes that are easily digested and cooling whereas in the milder months, we opt for hearty warming dishes that make you feel loved from the inside out.read more...
Breakfasts are buffet style with wholesome cereals, Spanish tortilla, local cheeses, yogurts (inc. dairy free), smoothies, seasonal fruits, juices, pancakes, sun kissed tomatoes & avocados, selection of breads & croissants, infusions & teas. Gluten & dairy free dishes are available too with advance notice.
We dine ‘at home’ on all but two eves leaving two eves free for your taste buds to explore the fabulous local dining options. Denia has been awarded UNESCO Creative City of Gastronomy & so the standards are high but eating out is still incredibly reasonable. We’ll organise a meal out on one of these free eves too should you like to join us.
Pure Yoga Retreats Programme Overview
2021 : May 27-1 June & Sept 9-14
We encourage silence in the mornings until breakfast & so each day begins quietly with fresh fruits & herbal teas to help you slowly awaken. Feeling refreshed, step onto your mat for a 90-minute yoga practice to open your body & senses to the day. Follow this with a generous brunch where you’ll nourish your body with seasonal fruits, wholesome cereals, yogurts, local cheeses & cold cuts, Spanish tortilla, sun ripened local tomatoes & avocados, freshly squeezed juice, a variety of breads & croissants, jams & honey, teas & coffee plus a special ‘dish of the day’ from Chef.
After brunch the day is yours to spend as you wish or maybe you’d like to join one of the optional ‘fun but good for you’ activities which could include Yoga on the sea on a stand up paddle board, guided bike ride, Aerial yoga, Therapies or maybe a visit to the local vineyard. There’ll also be time to head to the beach, explore the town, visit the castle or find a cosy little corner at the hotel and loose yourself in a book.
Late afternoon we gather again for another 90 minute yoga journey into our bodies. Then after a short rest to pause & reflect , we get together for a super tasty healthy plant based supper created with so much love. If the weather’s fine – which it tends to be most days! – we’ll dine in the hotel courtyard in the evenings. We leave two eves free for your taste buds to explore the (fantastic) local dining options but on one of these evenings we’ll organise a meal out at a local restaurant which you’re welcome to join if you wish.
In addition to twice daily yoga you could:
- Join us for a 13k guided coastal walk
- Sign up for the Guided Bike Ride, Aerial Yoga, Yoga on the sea (SUP yoga) or visit the local vineyard all at reasonable rates
- Therapies with our elite wellness team
- Curl up with a good book or take a guilt free snooze in your room
- Explore the town with it’s castle, picturesque streets, gorgeous little boutiques & alfresco cafes
- Or, simply head to the beach to top up your tan & jump in the waves :)
We like our retreats to be super relaxed & so if there’s a morning you’d like a lie-in or an afternoon where you’d like to stay at the beach & skip class no problem! Do what your soul asks.
Need convincing? See more of our reviews
Pure Yoga Retreats Dates & Investment
See our CoVid-19 flexible booking terms
2021 : May 27-1 June & Sept 9-14
Standard room sharing £825.00 per person / Single use £900.00
Superior room sharing £875.00 per person / Single use £950.00
2022 : June 16-21
Double room for single use £965.00 / Twin room for sharing £890.00 per person
Payment is in full or instalments by UK Sterling or Euros – see how to book for details
Your Pure Yoga Retreat includes:
- No more than 11 guests to ensure plenty of space in the yoga sessions
- 5 nights accommodation in a beautiful boutique hotel in an en-suite twin or double room. If you’re coming on your own we don’t expect – nor ask – you to share with anyone so please select the ‘singe use’ option when booking. Of course, if you’d like to bring & share with a friend then you’ll choose the ‘shared’ option when booking.
- Your choice of standard, superior or family room if bringing & sharing with friends.
- Option to book extra nights on a bed & breakfast basis – ask us for details
- Welcome circle on day one to meet everyone
- Fresh fruit & herbal teas each morning before yoga
- Generous buffet breakfasts bursting with fruits, wholesome cereals, egg dishes, Spanish cheeses & cold cuts, yogurts, smoothies, pancakes, juice, assorted breads, croissants, infusions & teas
- Utterly delicious 3-course plant based suppers at the hotel on 3 evenings. On two free evenings your taste buds are free to explore the local dining options & we’ll organise a meal at a local restaurant on one eve.
- 8 x 90 minute multi level yoga sessions with caring, experienced teachers
- Guided meditations, intentions & visualisations to help set your ‘energy’ for the day
- ‘Love your Mind’ Meditation workshop .. explore various styles to calm mind & body
- ‘Beyond the Asana’ specialist workshops where we’re delve a little deeper into some of yoga’s secrets
- Guided 13k easy beach walk with a trusted guide
- Optional Biking, Aerial Yoga & Stand Up Paddle Yoga on the sea
- Onsite massages & therapies at reasonable prices
- Services of one of our Retreat Managers to ensure everything goes smoothly & so you don’t have to lift a finger – we’re quite serious about that!
- Unlimited herbal teas to keep you hydrated
- Well-being gifts to help you unwind
- No pressure environment .. do as much or as little as you like
- Option to join our private airport transfer service from/to Alicante @ €40 – see below*
"My lasting memories will be of a time and place where I felt at peace with my body and all around me and, the massage which was among the best I’ve ever had!" Stephanie
Our private airport transfer service
We offer a private group airport transfer from/to Alicante airport which is €40 each way. Journey time is 75 minutes. We leave the airport on arrival day between 11.00-13.00 and arrive back at airport on final day at approximately mid-day. Check your flight options to Alicante here.
Please ensure your arrival flight lands no later than 12.45 on arrival day to allow sufficient time to collect your luggage & meet our driver. On the final day you should book a flight that departs no earlier than 13.30.
Flights outside of our transfer service we are happy to either, book a private taxi or book you on an airport shuttle bus service from/to Alicante airport.