First, can we just tell you we are a legal registered company.
We think it’s important you know this because a great many retreat operators are not legal and we know how worrying it could be to book a holiday found on the internet and wonder if it actually exists!
So we hope – if you chose us – you’ll have peace of mind knowing that you’ve chosen a company that takes it’s business responsibilities seriously and has a long track record as we’ve been in business since 2003.
Read What makes us Different below but first, let us tell you our story …
I’m Nicole – that’s me below – I founded Yoga Breaks in Spain after moving to Spain in 2003. Before this I spent 20 years in various marketing roles in the UK and teaching yoga part time whilst my husband – Gary – was a secondary school teacher. We both worked silly long hours with very little time to ourselves, our young daughter, family or friends. Sound familiar?!?!
Our move to Spain was prompted by some rather serious health scares that literally stopped us in our tracks – we were only in our 30’s for goodness sake! The health issues were so ‘out of the blue’ they forced us to change the way we lived. At the time our daughter Poppy, aged just 4, was spending 10 hours a day at a child minder whilst we rushed between home, work, domestic chores and seeing family. It was exhausting & we knew that if we didn’t change, something was going to break. And it did. Our health.
Having a health scare makes you focus on what’s really important in life & it doesn’t take long to realise it isn’t your career, possessions or how much you earn.
When you have the chance to re-evaluate it becomes easier to decide how you’d really like to spend your time. It was during this ‘re-evaluation’ that I realised teaching yoga bought more peace, joy and satisfaction than any possession or career promotion. So off to Spain we went!
We started running yoga holidays purely by accident a year after we arrived and now, some years later, we believe we know the ‘secret sauce’ for what makes a great yoga holiday. And, whilst we never set out to gain awards, we are a little (ok, a lot!) proud to be included in the Top 10 Yoga Retreats of the World
Awards pale into insignificance though when we see guests returning time & time again. That’s the best recognition you can have when people chose to come on your holidays again. You can read some guest reviews here or check our YouTube channel for honest guest review videos.
We would be delighted to answer any questions you have. So please get in touch.
Contact us now: (0034) 620 147 089
or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The fab Yoga Breaks Team
In addition to our Yoga & Pilates teachers – read about these on our Yoga page – we have a great team of people who bring their own sparkle to our yoga holidays.
You’ll meet our airport drivers, activity guides, beauty therapists, masseuse & of course a great team of people who look after your every need at our yoga hotels – Chefs, housekeeping, reception, gardeners. We feel so proud and lucky to have such a good team.
What makes us different to other yoga holidays?
- Our consistent focus on delivering a great customer experience has led us to be included in the Top 10 Yoga Retreats of the World – woo-hoo!
- On every retreat you’ll be looked after by the owners of Yoga Breaks in Spain – not volunteers passing through on a gap year. So if you’ve any questions, you have a direct line to people who really care about you & their business.
- We live in Spain & so know this area rather well which allows us to select the best activities that showcase this beautiful area.
- Our retreats take place at 3 different locations on the Alicante coast so you have a choice of venues so, should you re-visit, there’s somewhere new to try :) Each venue is near the sea with high standard of comfort, facilities, space to relax inside & outdoors, well appointed bedrooms, a great yoga space and warm friendly service.
- Our’s are not ‘rustic’ venues. You’ll not be expected to share bathrooms, sleep in a wooden cabin, hot caravan or tent nor be expected to do ‘karma’ duties such as washing up, clearing tables, making your bed or to clean bathrooms. Our team are here to do all this for you so you don’t have to lift a finger – we’re quite serious about that!
- Oh & you’ll not be stuck up a mountain in the middle of nowhere either. We chose our venues carefully to make sure ‘civilisation’ is never far away should you want to do a little shopping or merge with the locals in the famous Mediterranean alfresco lifestyle.
- We do not ask – nor expect – solo guests to share rooms & so we’ve kept the single supplement as low as we can at a respectful £75 for the week so everyone can have their own spacious double ensuite room.
- We believe a big part of a retreat’s success are the friendly impromptu chats that take place between guests in between yoga sessions. We make it easy for these chats to take place by having all guests stay under the same roof (in own rooms of course!) rather than spread out in accommodations where you would be on your own for much of the time.
- We have world class elite therapists come to us to dispense with some seriously good pampering – you aren’t expected to ‘pop along’ to a nearby salon. And, as all yoga classes take place onsite, you just roll out of bed & onto your yoga mat!
- You’ll be taught by 2 yoga teachers on retreat. This means there’s a ‘flow’ to the classes taking you on a progressive path – as opposed to a variety of teachers ‘popping in & out’ where you may find yourself doing the same things over & over & over again!