Yoga and Pilates Retreat overview
Our Yoga and Pilates retreat holidays in Spain are the perfect opportunity to nourish your body with Yoga, Pilates, workshops, lovely therapies, poolside relaxation, dine on delicious food, enjoy the sunshine and long lazy beach walks.
And, should you fancy something more, there’ll be some ‘fun but good for you’ optional activities available too.
These retreats will meet you where you are regardless of your Yoga & Pilates ability. There’ll be daily classes for keen beginners and classes for intermediates/advanced led by seasoned teachers with passion and a touch of playfulness.
Feel your body transform in just a few days.read more...
In between classes you can immerse you in this beautiful area with our guided walks, bike ride, experience Pilates on the sea or explore the very pretty town town of Altea nearby.
We know solo-time is important too & so there’s space for that each day where you can swim, read, relax, take a guilt free snooze or get a lovely massage. Do as much or as little as you like – it’s your holiday!
Head to the sun and move your body.
"I really enjoyed this retreat, the location was stunning and the yoga & pilates were excellent. I would definitely come back because I had such a great time." Lucy
Location Yoga & Pilates Retreat Holidays
Our Yoga & Pilates holidays take place in the coastal town of Altea, an hour north of Alicante. Altea is considered to be one of the prettiest towns in this area, surrounded by lush green countryside and sheltered by coast hugging mountains that tumble to the sea. It’s narrow cobbled streets, white washed houses, artisan shops & cafes and a stunning blue domed church are really lovely to explore in your free time.
The World Health Organisation has declared this to be one of the healthiest places on Earth
Yoga & Pilates Holidays Accommodation
We’re delighted to host this retreat at a traditional Olive farm near the sea that has been owned by a local Spanish family for over 300 years.
The farm has been renovated into a peaceful country house hotel with lovely views to the sea & mountains and just a short walk to the pretty town of Altea and the beach.
There is a pool in the garden, a small gym & sauna, a light filled yoga studio and restaurant where we’ll be dining most evenings.
The 22 spacious rooms are well equipped with double or twin beds, air-conditioning, WiFi, safety deposit, a fridge, hairdryer & TV and a daily maid service to keep everything fresh & sparkling. Every room has private ensuite bathroom with lovely fluffy bathrobes, plump towels and Oliva del Mediterraneo complimentary toiletries.
You’ll have your own double room with private bathroom as we never ask (nor expect) solo guests to share .. unless you’d like to share with a friend.
"I loved the tranquility of the hotel, its location and the food. It was great to see a group of strangers grow & laugh together. Nicole’s attention to detail and care of her clients has been exceptional and made the experience a real treat" Sabine
The Pilates & Yoga sessions
Yoga and Pilates, when practiced together, create a strong toned lean body with excellent alignment and greater flexibility. With separate classes for beginners and intermediate/advanced, you’ll feel stretched without being pushed beyond your limits.
Each day includes a 90 minute session of Yoga & 90 minutes of Pilates with seasoned teachers who are dedicated to their chosen field of Yoga or Pilates to ensure you receive the ‘pure’ form … not a ‘yogalates’ blend.read more...
Pilates sessions are mat based using a variety of Pilates equipment to build a strong toned body. Yoga sessions include a mix of strength building Hatha yoga, warming Vinyasa flow sequences and restorative Yin yoga to quieten the mind and allow you to sink deeper into the very essence of yourself.
In addition to the daily Yoga & Pilates classes there are 5 additional workshops to help deepen your practice.
There’s a Meditation workshop, two ‘Essentials’ workshops where we cover the basics of Yoga & Pilates plus, two ‘Intensive’ immersions for those who like a little challenge.
Discover more about our teachers
Yoga and Pilates create a strong toned body, excellent alignment and increased flexibility
We’ll nourish you with delicious plant based meals using locally sourced seasonal produce. Occasionally, locally caught fresh fish will be offered for those that would like it.
We are so lucky to have an abundance of underground water in this area from deep within the mountains giving us a year round supply of Mediterranean fruits & vegetables.
Our menus change seasonally to take advantage of nature’s bounty & so, when it’s warm, we lean towards lighter easily digested dishes whereas in the milder months, we serve dishes that make us feel warm & loved from the inside out.read more...
Breakfasts are buffet style with wholesome cereals, egg dishes, Spanish cold cuts & local cheeses, yogurts (inc. dairy free), fresh fruits, juices, sun kissed tomatoes & avocados, selection of breads, breakfast cake, infusions & teas. Gluten & dairy free dishes are available too with advance notice.
We take supper ‘at home’ on all but two eves where Chef loves to prepare super tasty 3-course suppers including a healthy dessert, after all, you have been working very hard with all this yoga & pilates! There are 2 eves where your taste buds will be free to explore local dining .. its a great way to immerse yourself in a new culture .. and we’ll organise a meal out on one of these free eves too should you like to join us.
Seasonal produce and a variety of amazing flavours are key to our well being
Yoga & Pilates Holiday Programme Overview
Begin each day with herbal tea & some fresh fruit to help you slowly awaken before your yoga or pilates session. You have a 90-minute class of yoga and a 90-minute class of pilates each day graded to your ability so you never feel out of your depth.
After class it’s time for a breakfast of wholesome cereals, yogurts, seasonal fruits, local cheeses & cold cuts, Spanish tortilla, hot eggs, sun ripened tomatoes & avocados, breakfast cakes, assorted breads, juice, teas & infusions. Help yourself to as much as you like.
In between classes there’ll be optional activities exclusively for our guests.
Late afternoon we gather again for another yoga or pilates session before a delicious vegetarian supper. We dine at the hotel on all but 2 evenings. On one of these free eves your taste-buds are free to explore local dining options plus we organise a meal at a local restaurant which you are free to join if you wish.
OPTIONAL ACTIVITIES INCLUDE:
- 13k ‘coast & country’ guided walk on your first morning to get your bearings in the great outdoors
- If you’ve a little energy you could join an aerial yoga class, the guided bike ride, a hike in the mountains or, Pilates on the sea with a stand up paddle board
- Brush up on the basics in the of yoga & pilates ‘Essential’ workshops
- Go a little deeper in the yoga & pilates ‘Intensive’ immersions
- Enjoy super pampering with our elite wellness team – massages, facials, reflexology, reiki, body treatments & more
- Relax poolside or at the beach with a good book or take a siesta in your room
- Explore Altea at your own pace with its pretty streets, little boutiques & alfresco cafes
Our retreats are super relaxed so if you want to skip morning class for a lie-in or, miss the afternoon session to stay by the pool – no problem! Do what your body asks.
Need convincing? See more of our reviews
2020 Yoga & Pilates Holidays Dates & Investment
May 21-26 from £845.00
June 18-23 from £895.00
September 24-29 from £845.00
You investment can be in UK Sterling or Euros. Pay in full or instalments – see how to book for details
Your Yoga & Pilates Holiday Retreat includes:
- 5 nights accommodation in a spacious double or twin ensuite room in rural tranquility. Unless you’re bringing a friend to share with, you’ll be given your own ensuite double room for an extra £75 for the week.
- Option to extend your stay & book extra nights – ask us for a quote
- Welcome circle day one with refreshments – a chance to meet everyone
- Tea, fruit & quiet time each morning whilst you slowly awaken
- Buffet breakfast/brunch after morning class with seasonal fruits, wholesome cereals, home made granola, egg dishes, Spanish cheeses & cold cuts, yogurts, fresh juice, assorted breads, breakfast cake, infusions & teas
- Utterly delicious 3-course suppers on all but 2 eves. Suppers are plant based though we offer local fish occasionally for those that would like it. Gluten & dairy free diets can be catered for with advance notice. On two eves your taste buds are free to explore local dining, on one of these eves we’ll organise a meal at a local restaurant if you’d like to join us.
- 4x 90 minute mat based Pilates classes
- 4 x 90 minute Yoga sessions
- Meditation workshop to help cultivate inner peace
- 2x ‘Essentials’ workshops
- 2x ‘Intensive’ sessions
- Guided 13k ‘coast & country’ hike to invigorate and familiarise you to your new ‘home’
- Optional activities: Aerial yoga, guided Bike ride or Mountain hike, Pilates on a SUP & Pampering therapies at reasonable prices
- Services of one of our Retreat Managers to ensure everything goes smoothly & you don’t have to lift a finger – we’re quite serious about that!
- All yoga & pilates equipment
- Unlimited herbal teas throughout to keep you hydrated
- Time each day to relax by the pool, read, snooze and explore local sights
- Lots of juicy conversations with like minded people!
- Our private group airport transfer service from/to Alicante at selected times. See below for details
"When I arrived I was tired and felt ‘swollen’. Now I feel wonderful, healthier, lighter and happier! Nicole your yoga teaching is marvellous and I loved the Pilates sessions too" Anne
Our airport transfer service
We offer a private group airport transfer from/to Alicante airport which is €40 each way. Journey time is an hour. We leave the airport on arrival day between 11.00-13.00 and arrive back at airport on final day at approximately mid-day. Check your flight options to Alicante here.
Please ensure your arrival flight lands no later than 12.45 on arrival day to allow sufficient time to collect your luggage & meet our driver. On the final day you should book a flight that departs no earlier than 13.30.
Flights outside of our transfer service we are happy to either, book a private taxi or book you on an airport shuttle bus service from/to Alicante airport.