Yoga and Pilates Retreat overview
Our Yoga and Pilates retreat holidays in Spain are the perfect opportunity to invest in your well-being with daily Yoga & Pilates, workshops, therapies, sunshine, relaxation by the pool, long lazy walks along the beach, browsing little boutiques and nourishing your body with delicious healthy food.
And, should you fancy something a little more adventurous, we have some ‘fun but good for you’ optional activities too.
These retreats are designed to meet you where you are regardless of your Yoga & Pilates experience. There’ll be classes for keen beginners and classes for intermediates/advanced delivered by seasoned teachers with an absolute passion for what they do.
Feel your body transform in just a few days.
"I really enjoyed this retreat. The location was stunning and the yoga & pilates were excellent. I would definitely come back because I had such a great time." Lucy
Location Yoga & Pilates Retreat Holidays
Our Yoga & Pilates holidays take place in the coastal town of Altea an hour north of Alicante. Altea is one of the prettiest towns in this area sitting right on the sea but surrounded by lush green countryside and stunning mountains. The narrow cobbled streets, white washed houses, artisan shops & cafes are perfect for you to wander & explore during your free time.
The World Health Organisation has declared this region to be one of the healthiest on Earth!
Yoga & Pilates Holidays Accommodation
We’re delighted to host this retreat at an Olive farm near the sea that has been owned by a local Spanish family for over 300 years.
The farm has now been renovated into a country house hotel with peaceful views to the sea & mountains and just a short walk to the town of Altea and beach.
There’s a pool in the garden, a small gym & sauna, a light filled yoga studio and restaurant where we’ll be dining most evenings.
The 22 bedrooms are spacious & well equipped with double or twin beds, air-conditioning, WiFi, safety deposit, a fridge, hairdryer & TV and a daily maid service to keep everything fresh & sparkling. Every room has a private ensuite bathroom with fluffy bathrobes, plump towels and Oliva del Mediterraneo complimentary toiletries.
You’ll have your own double room with private bathroom as we never ask (nor expect) solo guests to share .. unless you’d like to share with a friend of course.
"I loved the tranquility of the hotel, its location and the food. It was great to see a group of strangers grow & laugh together. Nicole’s attention to detail and care of her clients has been exceptional and made the experience a real treat" Sabine
The Pilates & Yoga sessions
Yoga and Pilates, when practiced together, create a strong toned lean body with excellent alignment and greater flexibility. With separate classes for beginners and intermediate/advanced, you’ll feel stretched without being pushed beyond your limits.
Each day includes a 90 minute session of Yoga & 90 minutes of Pilates with seasoned teachers who are dedicated to their chosen field of Yoga or Pilates to ensure you receive the ‘pure’ form … not a ‘yogalates’ blend.read more...
Pilates sessions are mat based and may sometimes include Pilates equipment to help build a strong toned body. Yoga sessions are a mix of strength building Hatha yoga, warming Vinyasa flow sequences and restorative Yin yoga that is just perfect to help quieten the mind and sink deeper into the very essence of yourself.
In addition to the daily Yoga & Pilates classes there are 5 additional workshops to help deepen your practice.
There’s a Meditation workshop, two ‘Essentials’ workshops where we cover the basics of Yoga & Pilates plus, two ‘Intensive’ immersions for those who like a little challenge.
Discover more about our teachers
Yoga and Pilates create a strong toned body, excellent alignment and increased flexibility
We’ll nourish you with delicious plant based meals using locally sourced seasonal produce. Occasionally, locally caught fresh fish will be offered for those that would like it.
We are so lucky to have an abundance of underground water from deep within the mountains nearby and so we have a year round supply of super fresh & juicy Mediterranean fruits & vegetables.
Our menus change seasonally to take advantage of nature’s bounty & so, when it’s warm, we lean towards lighter easily digested dishes whereas in the milder months, we serve dishes that make us feel warm & loved from the inside out.read more...
Breakfasts are buffet style with wholesome cereals, egg dishes, Spanish cold cuts & local cheeses, yogurts (inc. dairy free), fresh fruits, juices, sun kissed tomatoes & avocados, selection of breads, breakfast cake, infusions & teas. Gluten & dairy free dishes are available too with advance notice.
We take supper ‘at home’ on all but two eves where Chef loves to prepare super tasty 3-course suppers including a healthy dessert, after all, you have been working very hard with all this yoga & pilates! There are 2 eves where your taste buds will be free to explore local dining .. its a great way to immerse yourself in a new culture .. and we’ll organise a meal out on one of these free eves too should you like to join us.
Seasonal produce and a variety of amazing flavours are key to our well being
Yoga & Pilates Holiday Programme Overview
Begin each day with herbal tea & fresh fruits whilst you slowly awaken before heading to your morning yoga or pilates session. You’ll have a 90-minute class of yoga and a 90-minute class of pilates each day graded to your ability so you’ll never feel out of your depth.
After class it’s time for breakfast with wholesome cereals, yogurts, seasonal fruits, local cheeses & cold cuts, homemade Spanish tortilla, hot eggs, sun ripened tomatoes & avocados, breakfast cakes, assorted breads, juice, teas & infusions. Help yourself to as much as you like.
In between classes there’ll be optional activities exclusively for our guests.
Late afternoon we’ll gather again for another yoga or pilates session before a delicious vegetarian supper. We dine at the hotel on all but 2 evenings. On one of these free eves your taste-buds are free to explore local dining options plus we organise a meal at a local restaurant which you are free to join if you wish.
OPTIONAL ACTIVITIES :
- 13k ‘coast & country’ guided walk on your first morning to get your bearings in the great outdoors
- There’s a aerial yoga class, a guided bike ride, a mountain hike or Pilates on the sea with a stand up paddle board
- Essentials workshops for both yoga & pilates where in 45 minutes you can brush up on the basics
- Intensive immersions for both yoga & pilates taking you a little deeper in 45 minutes
- Therapies with our elite wellness team – massages, facials, reflexology, reiki, body treatments & more
- Time to relax by the pool, head to the beach, explore Altea or take a siesta in your room
Our retreats are super relaxed so if you want to skip morning class for a lie-in or, miss the afternoon session to stay by the pool – no problem! Do what your body asks.
Need convincing? See more of our reviews
Yoga & Pilates Holidays Dates & Investment
See our CoVid-19 flexible booking terms
2021 : May 13-18, June 10-15 & Sept 23-28 £845.00
2022 : May 19-24, June 2-7 & Sept 22-27 £890.00
Payments are in full or instalments by UK Sterling or Euros – see how to book for details
Your Yoga & Pilates Holiday Retreat includes:
- 5 nights in rural tranquility. Prices above are based on a shared twin ensuite room and are per person. We never ask solo guests to share & so, if coming on your own, your own double ensuite room has a supplement of £75.00 for the whole retreat – the lowest single supplement we’ve ever seen for a retreat.
- Option to extend your stay & book extra nights – ask us for details
- Welcome circle arrival day – a chance to meet everyone
- Silent tea & fruit break each day on waking
- Buffet breakfast/brunch daily with seasonal fruits, wholesome cereals, home made granola, hot eggs, home made Tortilla, Spanish cheeses & cold cuts, yogurts, juices, assorted breads, breakfast cakes, infusions & teas
- Utterly delicious 3-course suppers on all but 2 eves. Suppers are plant based though we offer local fish occasionally for those that would like it. Gluten & dairy free diets can be catered for with advance notice. On two eves your taste buds are free to explore local dining, on one of these eves we’ll organise a meal at a local restaurant if you’d like to join us.
- 4x 90 minute mat based Pilates classes
- 4 x 90 minute Yoga sessions
- Meditation workshop to cultivate inner peace
- 2x ‘Essentials’ workshops
- 2x ‘Intensive’ sessions
- Guided 13k ‘coast & country’ hike to help you get familiar with your new ‘home’
- Optional activities: Aerial yoga, guided Bike ride or Mountain hike, Pilates on the sea on a SUP & Pampering therapies all at reasonable rates
- Services of our Retreat Manager to ensure everything goes smoothly & you don’t have to lift a finger – we’re quite serious about that!
- All yoga & pilates equipment
- Unlimited herbal teas throughout to keep you hydrated
- Time each day to relax by the pool, read, snooze and explore local sights
- Lots of juicy conversations with like minded people!
- Our private group airport transfer service from/to Alicante at selected times. See below for details
"When I arrived I was tired and felt ‘swollen’. Now I feel wonderful, healthier, lighter and happier! Nicole your yoga teaching is marvellous and I loved the Pilates sessions too" Anne
Our airport transfer service
We offer a private group airport transfer from/to Alicante airport which is €40 each way. Journey time is an hour. We leave the airport on arrival day between 11.00-13.00 and arrive back at airport on final day at approximately mid-day. Check your flight options to Alicante here.
Please ensure your arrival flight lands no later than 12.45 on arrival day to allow sufficient time to collect your luggage & meet our driver. On the final day you should book a flight that departs no earlier than 13.30.
Flights outside of our transfer service we are happy to either, book a private taxi or book you on an airport shuttle bus service from/to Alicante airport.