Yoga and Pilates Retreat overview
Our Yoga and Pilates retreat holidays in Spain are the perfect opportunity to nourish your body with daily Yoga, Pilates, workshops, gorgeous therapies, relaxing poolside, dining on delicious food, enjoying the sunshine and taking long lazy beach walks.
These retreats will meet you where you are regardless of your Yoga & Pilates ability. There’ll be classes for keen beginners and classes for intermediates/advanced with instruction from super experienced teachers plus additional workshops.
Feel your body change in just a few days.read more...
In between classes you can immerse you in this beautiful area with guided walks, bike ride or by exploring the very pretty town town of Altea nearby.
We know solo-time is important too & so there’s space for that each day where you can swim, read, relax, take a guilt free snooze or get a lovely massage. Do as much or as little as you like – it’s your holiday!
Head to the sun and move your body.
"I really enjoyed this retreat, the location was stunning and the yoga & pilates were excellent. I would definitely come back because I had such a great time." Lucy
Location Yoga & Pilates Retreat Holidays
Our Yoga & Pilates holidays take place in the coastal town of Altea, an hour north of Alicante. Altea is considered to be one of the prettiest towns in this area, surrounded by lush green countryside and sheltered by coast hugging mountains that tumble to the sea. It’s narrow cobbled streets, white washed houses, artisan shops & cafes and a stunning blue domed church are really lovely to explore in your free time.
This is one of the healthiest places to on Earth according to the World Health Organisation!
Yoga & Pilates Holidays Accommodation
We’re delighted to host this retreat at a 300 year old Olive farm that’s been owned by the same Spanish family for all 300 years!
The farm is now a traditional country house hotel sitting in a peaceful spot with lovely views to the mountains & sea and within easy reach of Altea town & the beach.
The hotel has a pool in the garden, a small gym & sauna, a light filled yoga studio and a great restaurant whilst Vincenta – the hotel owner – brings fresh eggs from her happy hens and bakes a breakfast cake for us every day.
The 22 spacious and superbly equipped rooms have double or twin beds, hot/cold air-conditioning, WiFi, fridge, TV, safety deposit, telephone and ensuite bathroom with fluffy bathrobes, fresh towels, complimentary toiletries, hairdryer and a daily maid service.
We never ask (nor expect solo guests to share rooms & so you’ll have your own double room with private ensuite bathroom .. unless you’d like to share with a friend?
"I loved the tranquility of the hotel, its location and the food. It was great to see a group of strangers grow & laugh together. Nicole’s attention to detail and care of her clients has been exceptional and made the experience a real treat" Sabine
The Pilates & Yoga sessions
Yoga and Pilates, when practiced together, create a strong toned body, excellent alignment and increased flexibility. You’ll feel stretched without being pushed beyond your limits.
Each day includes a session of Yoga & a session of Pilates. With seperate classes for keen beginners and intermediate/advanced, no-one should feel out of place. Our teachers are dedicated to their chosen field of Yoga or Pilates and so you’ll receive the ‘pure’ form of both disciplines … not a ‘yogalates’ blend.read more...
Pilates sessions are mat based using a variety of Pilates equipment to build a strong toned body. Yoga sessions include a mix of strength building Hatha yoga postures, the warming flow of Vinyasa yoga sequences and relaxing Yin yoga to go deeper inwards and increase flexibility.
In addition to the daily Yoga & Pilates classes, there will be 5 additional workshops to help deepen your practice. There’s a Meditation workshop, two ‘Essentials’ workshops where we run through the basics of Yoga & Pilates plus two ‘Intensive’ immersions for those who like a little challenge.
Discover more about our teachers
Yoga and Pilates create a strong toned body, excellent alignment and increased flexibility
Our aim is to nourish you with plant based meals though locally caught fresh fish is offered some eves for those that would like it.
We are so lucky to have an abundance of underground water springs in this area & so there is a year round supply of fruits & veggies on our doorstep hence our menus change seasonally to make use of this bounty. In the warmer months we tend towards lighter cooling dishes that are easily digested whereas in the milder months, we opt for hearty warming dishes that make you feel loved from the inside out.read more...
Breakfasts are buffet style with wholesome cereals, egg dishes, Spanish cold cuts & local cheeses, yogurts (inc. dairy free), fresh fruits, juices, sun kissed tomatoes & avocados, selection of breads, breakfast cake, infusions & teas. Gluten & dairy free dishes are available too with advance notice.
We take supper ‘at home’ on all but two eves where Chef loves to prepare super tasty 3-course suppers including a healthy dessert, after all, you have been working very hard with all this yoga & pilates! There are 2 eves where your taste buds will be free to explore local dining .. its a great way to immerse yourself in a new culture .. and we’ll organise a meal out on one of these free eves too should you like to join us.
Seasonal produce and a variety of amazing flavours are key to our well being
Yoga & Pilates Holiday Programme Overview
2019 : April 25-20 & September 19-24 from £735.00
Begin each day with infusions & fruits to help you slowly awaken before your yoga or pilates session. You have a 90-minute class of yoga and a 90-minute class of pilates each day graded to your ability so you never feel out of your depth.
After class it’s time for a breakfast of wholesome cereals, yogurts, seasonal fruits, local cheeses & cold cuts, Spanish tortilla, hot eggs, sun ripened tomatoes & avocados, breakfast cakes, assorted breads, juice, teas & infusions. Help yourself to as much as you like.
In between classes there’ll be activities exclusively for our guests. See right.
Late afternoon we gather again for another yoga or pilates session before a delicious vegetarian supper. We dine at the hotel on all but 2 evenings. On one of these free eves your taste-buds are free to explore local dining options plus we organise a meal at a local restaurant which you are free to join if you wish.
OPTIONAL ACTIVITIES INCLUDE:
- 13k ‘coast & country’ walk on your first morning to get your bearings in the great outdoors
- If you’ve a little energy you could join the aerial yoga class, a guided bike ride or the hike in the mountains
- Brush up on the basics in the of yoga & pilates ‘Essential’ workshops
- Go a little deeper in the yoga & pilates ‘Intensive’ immersions
- Enjoy super pampering with our elite wellness team – massages, facials, reflexology, reiki, body treatments & more
- Relax poolside or at the beach with a good book or take a siesta in your room
- Explore Altea at your own pace with its pretty streets, little boutiques & alfresco cafes
Our retreats are super relaxed so if you want to skip morning class for a lie-in or, miss the afternoon session to stay by the pool – no problem! Do what your body asks.
Need convincing? See more of our reviews
2019 Yoga & Pilates Holiday Prices
April 25-30 from £735.00
September 19-24 from £775.00
Payment is in UK Sterling or Euros. Pay in full or instalments – see how to book for details
Your Yoga & Pilates Holiday Retreat includes:
- 5 nights accommodation in a spacious double or twin ensuite room in rural tranquility. Unless you’re bringing a friend to share with, you’ll be given your own double room for an extra £75 for the week.
- Option to extend your stay & book extra nights – ask us for a quote
- Welcome gathering with refreshments & healthy snacks on day one – chance to meet everyone
- Pre morning class fresh fruits & herbal teas each day to help you slowly awaken
- Hearty buffet breakfasts after morning yoga bursting with seasonal fruits, wholesome cereals, egg dishes, Spanish cheeses & cold cuts, yogurts, fresh juice, assorted breads, breakfast cake, infusions & teas
- Utterly delicious 3-course suppers at the hotel on all but 2 eves. Suppers are plant based though we offer local fish occasionally for those that would like it. Gluten & dairy free diets can be catered for with advance notice. On two eves your taste buds are free to explore local dining, on one of these eves we’ll organise a meal at a local restaurant if you’d like to join us.
- 4x 90 minute mat based Pilates classes
- 4 x 90 minute Yoga sessions
- Meditation workshop to help cultivate deep inner peace
- Yoga & Pilates ‘Essentials’ workshops
- Yoga & Pilates ‘Intensive’ sessions
- Guided 13k ‘coast & country’ hike to invigorate and familiarise you to your new ‘home’
- Optional activities: Aerial yoga, guided Bike ride or Mountain hike & Pampering therapies (from €35)
- Services of one of our Retreat Managers to ensure everything goes smoothly & you don’t have to lift a finger – we’re quite serious about that!
- All yoga & pilates equipment
- Unlimited herbal teas throughout to keep you hydrated
- Time each day to relax by the pool, read, snooze and explore local sights
- Lots of juicy conversations with like minded people!
- Our private group airport transfer service from/to Alicante at selected times. See below for details
"When I arrived I was tired and felt ‘swollen’. Now I feel wonderful, healthier, lighter and happier! Nicole your yoga teaching is marvellous and I loved the Pilates sessions too" Anne
Our airport transfer service
We offer a private group airport transfer from/to Alicante airport which is €40 each way. Journey time is an hour. We leave the airport on arrival day between 11.00-13.00 and arrive back at airport on final day at approximately mid-day. Check your flight options to Alicante here.
Please ensure your arrival flight lands no later than 12.45 on arrival day to allow sufficient time to collect your luggage & meet our driver. On the final day you should book a flight that departs no earlier than 13.30.
Flights outside of our transfer service we are happy to either, book a private taxi or book you on an airport shuttle bus service from/to Alicante airport.