Proud to be a Top 10 Yoga Retreat in the World and featured in
Pilates & Yoga Retreat Holidays
2017 : September 21-26 – fully booked
2018 : April 26-1 May & September 20-25 from £700.00 Book Me in Now!
(can’t make these dates? see our other retreats here)
Location: 4* country house hotel with pool & awesome views in coastal town of Altea
Our Yoga and Pilates Holidays are the perfect opportunity to escape to the sunshine and focus on your well-being. Based at a 300 year old olive farm – now a 4* country house hotel – set in acres of orange & olive groves near the sea. This peaceful setting is the perfect base to get away from your normal routine and get a fresh perspective on life.
Whether your a keen beginner or have a regular yoga or Pilates practice, this retreat will meet you where you are with small groups of 12 and classes for beginners and intermediates/advanced plus workshops to help progress & deepen your practice. There’ll be plenty of opportunity to get outside and be in nature too with a guided hike, bike ride, horse trek, visits to the beach, take part in a Spanish cookery workshop, rest by the pool or enjoy pampering therapies. You chose!
“I really enjoyed this retreat, the location was stunning and totally met my expectations. The hotel & staff were so lovely. My room was gorgeous, I had everything I needed. The yoga & pilates were excellent and the programme of optional activities well balanced. I would definitely come back because I simply had such a great time.” Lucy
Pilates & Yoga Holidays – Your Accommodation
You’ll stay at this 300 year old Olive farm in the coastal town of Altea, an hour north of Alicante (airport transfers available – see below). The farm has been owned by the same Spanish family for generations before they decided to reform it in the late 1990’s to a 4* country house hotel.
The hotel has a brilliant location, sitting at the very point where the countryside meets the edge of town and so we’re surrounded by country views but yet, we’re an easy 10 minute walk to the nearby white washed town of Altea – considered to be one of the prettiest in the area – and an easy 25mins walk to the beach.
The hotel has a pool, 20 spacious double ensuite rooms, small gym & sauna, a spacious yoga studio with lovely mountain views and a restaurant that creates delicious vegetarian & fish dishes for us whilst Vincenta – the hotel owner – brings fresh eggs from her happy hens and bakes a delicious breakfast cake for us every day – heaven!
“I loved the tranquility of the hotel, its location and the food. It was great to see a group of strangers grow & laugh together. Nicole’s attention to detail and care of her clients has been exceptional and made the experience a real treat” Sabine
The 20 en-suite rooms are spacious and superbly equipped with double or twin beds, individually controlled air-conditioning, mini-bar, TV, ensuite bathroom with complimentary toiletries, fresh towels, fluffy bathrobes, hairdryer, WiFi and a daily maid service.
Solo travelers are not asked nor expected to share their room & so all rooms are available for single use for a reasonable supplment of £75 extra for the week.
The Pilates & Yoga sessions
Yoga and Pilates, when practiced together, create a strong toned body, excellent alignment and increased flexibility. You’ll feel stretched without being pushed beyond your physical limits.
Each day includes a session of yoga & a session of Pilates. No-one will feel out of place or under pressure as there is a class for keen beginners and a class for intermediate/advanced. Our teachers are dedicated to their chosen field of yoga or Pilates and so what you’ll receive is the pure form of both disciplines rather than a ‘yogalates’ blend. And, with just 12 students in each class, there’ll be plenty of space to practice & individual attention from our teachers.
“I came knowing nothing about Yoga & Pilates but have learnt so much – particularly with regard to breathing. I have had the most amazing time and feel I have achieved a great deal and met some incredible people” Carole
Pilates sessions are mat based and include a variety of efficient movements using Pilates equipment to build a strong toned body. Yoga sessions include the deep stretches of Hatha with the warming flow of Vinyasa flow yoga to stretch muscles and open joints whilst synchronising breath with movement.
In addition to the daily classses of yoga & Pilates, there are 3 extra workshops – included in your holiday fee – to help deepen your practice. There is a calming Meditation workshop an ‘Essentials’ workshop where we’ll run through the basics of both yoga & Pilates and an ‘Intensive’ immersion for those with a little more experience.
Together, yoga and Pilates create a strong toned body, excellent alignment and increased flexibility
Read about your teachers here
Yoga & Pilates Programme Overview:
Each day begins around 8am with a cup of herbal tea & fresh fruits whilst you slowly awaken. Then, at 8.30am you’ll head to your 90 minute yoga or pilates class before a healthy delicious buffet breakfast/brunch served alfresco by the pool. Feast on seasonal fruits, local cheeses & cold cuts, wholesome cereals, yogurts, tortilla, fresh eggs, local tomatos & avocados, breakfast cake, breads & pastries, jams, honey, juices & teas.
Following breakfast, you can choose to join the optional activity for the day (see below), explore Altea town, book therapies or just head to the pool (or beach) with a good book & enjoy the sunshine.
Optional activities include:
- Guided 13k ‘coast & country’ hike
- An ‘Essentials’ Yoga & Pilates Workshop to help you brush up on the basics
- Go a little deeper in the ‘Intensive’ yoga & Pilates immersion for those with a little more experience
- Guided bike ride exploring quiet inland villages & beautiful scenery*
- Guided 3 hour hike into the mountains with picnic*
- Holistic therapies – massages, facials, reflexology, reiki, body scrubs & more*
- Spanish Cookery workshop & lunch*
- Aerial Yoga Session*
(activities marked * are an additional cost)
Late afternoon you’ll have another yoga or Pilates session before a delicious vegetarian supper. All but 2 evenings we dine at the hotel. On your free nights your tastebuds are free to explore the many dining options locally & on one of these free eves we’ll organise a meal at a local restaurant which we’d love you to join.
Everything is optional & so if you decide to have a lie-in one morning or stay by the beach for an afternoon and skip class, no problem! just do what your body, heart & soul needs.
Watch the guest review below
2017 : September 21-26 from £725 – fully booked
2018 : April 26-1 May from £700 & September 20-25 from £725
Pay in instalments starting with £300 deposit or, in full by bank transfer or online with a card
Your investment in you includes:
- 5 nights accommodation in a spacious double or twin ensuite room. We don’t ask – nor expect – solo travellers to share & so all solo guests are given their own ensuite room for an extra £75.00 for the week.
- Welcome gathering & refreshments day one – chance to meet everyone
- Daily ‘ light breakfast’ of fresh fruits & herbal teas prior to morning class
- Bountiful brunches each day after morning class
- Nourishing vegetarian dinners at the hotel – fish offered too. During your stay there are two evenings where your taste buds can explore local dining. A group meal will be organised on one of these eves, your attendance is not compulsory nor complimentary, but we’d love you to join us.
- Daily 90 minute Pilates class with experienced teacher
- Daily 90 minute Yoga class with passionate caring teachers
- 90 minute Meditation workshop to help cultivate deep inner peace
- Yoga & Pilates ‘Essentials’ workshop
- Yoga & Pilates ‘Intensive’ session
- Guided 13k ‘coast & country’ hike to invigorate and familiarise you to your new ‘home’
- Optional Aerial Yoga workshop, guided bike ride, moutain hike, Spanish cookery workshop & therapies (from €35)
- Services of a Retreat Manager to help organise your stay
- Unlimited herbal teas throughout – do away with the caffeine!
- Plenty of time to relax by the pool, read, snooze and explore the local sights
- Lots of juicy conversations with like minded people!
- Private group airport transfer service @ €40 at selected times. See below
(0034) 620 147 089
Need convincing? see more reviews
Our private group airport transfer service.
Operates from/to Alicante airport. Pick up on arrival will be between 11am-13.00 & arrive at airport on final day for midday. Transfers take an hour & cost €40 per person each way. Check your flight options to Alicante here.
Please ensure your flight arrives no later than 12.15 on arrival day & departs no earlier than 13.30 on departure day to allow time to clear customs & collect your luggage.
Flights outside of our transfer service we are happy to book a private taxi for you or book you on a resort ‘hopper’ shuttle bus service from/to the airport.