Firstly, can we assure you we are a legal & fully registered company. We make this point because – sadly – a great many yoga retreat holiday operators are illegal which is fool hardy as the safety of their guests and the monies paid by guests could be at risk. You can read What makes us Different below but first, let us tell you our story …
We are Nicole & Gary, we founded Yoga Breaks in Spain shortly after moving to Spain in 2003. Gary was a school teacher in the UK and Nicole was a corporate marketing manager (& part time yoga teacher) both working long hours without ever seeming to get anywhere. Sound familiar?!
We moved to Spain after some serious health scares (we were in our 30’s for goodness sake!) and to spend more time with our daughter Poppy, who, at the age of 4 was spending 10 hours a day at a child minder whilst we rushed between work, home, domestic chores and seeing friends. It was exhausting. We knew that if we didn’t change, something was going to break. And it did.
Nicole knew she loved teaching yoga more than the “exciting” world of corporate marketing. After years of studying & teaching yoga, I realised I felt happiest when I was on my yoga mat rather than behind a desk. I spent months ignoring this feeling & kept juggling work, yoga & home life.
Eventually, a serious health scare forced Nicole to slow down & think about the way we lived. That was when she awoke to the fact that yoga bought more peace and joy than the trappings of a successful career. The health scare is what prompted us to escape to Spain and now, here we are, offering yoga holidays to stressed people – just like we used to be.
In the years we have been running yoga holidays & retreats, we’ve gained an incredible insight to the important ingredients required to create the perfect yoga and well being holiday. Read What makes us different below.
We are more than happy to answer your questions as we appreciate your holiday is precious. We’re honest & open and will give you all the information you need to help make your decision to join us – or not!
Contact us now: (0034) 620 147 089 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What makes us different to other yoga holidays?
- Our hard work & consistent focus on delivering a great customer experience has led us to be included in the TOP 10 YOGA RETREAT OF THE WORLD! – we’re proud, but its not gone to our heads, honest.
- On each retreat you’ll be looked after by the owners of Yoga Breaks in Spain – not volunteers passing through on a gap year. So if you’ve any questions, you have a direct line to people who really care about you & the business.
- Our retreats take place at 4 different venues on the Alicante coastline so you have a choice where to spend your holidays and, if you re-visit, there’s somewhere new to try :)
- You’ll not be stuck in the middle of nowhere for a week! ‘Civilisation’ is never far away if you want to do a little shopping or merge with the locals in the famous Mediterranean alfresco lifestyle.
- Our’s are true holidays. You’ll not be asked to wash up your crockery, make your bed, clean bathrooms or do any type of ‘karma’ work! Furthermore, every guest has their own ensuite bathroom and a daily maid service who’ll make your bed & refresh your bathroom too.
- We believe a big part of a retreats success are the friendly impromptu chats that take place between guests when they’re not doing yoga. We make it easy for these chats to take place by having everyone stay under the same roof – in own rooms obviously! – rather than spread you out in various accommodations where you’ll be on your own for much of the time.
- We chose our venues carefully & select those that, not only are in a great locations, but offer a high standard of comfort & facilities, plenty of outside space to relax, well appointed bedrooms, a great yoga space and warm friendly service.
- We don’t ask – nor expect – solo guests to share their room & so we’ve kept the single supplement as low as we can at a respectful £75 for the week.
- We live here in Spain & know this area really well which allows us to select the best activities that’ll show you the very best of this beautiful area.
- We have world class therapists who come to you for some seriously good pampering .. you aren’t expected to ‘pop along’ to the local salon!
The Yoga Breaks Team
In addition to the Yoga & Pilates teachers – read about those on The Yoga page – we have a great team of people who make the world of difference to your yoga holiday.
You’ll meet members of our support team including our airport transfer drivers, biking & horse trekking guides, beauty therapists & of course, the team that keeps the hotel ticking along – chef, housekeeping and helpful, friendly reception girls who do a fabulous job of looking after your every need. We are so proud and lucky to have such a good team.