Get the Glow! Yoga & Detox Retreats
2016 : March 3-8, June 26-1 July & October 6-11 from £795.00 ** Now just 1 space for June & 2 for October!
(can’t make these dates? see our other retreats here)
** Discounted rates for early bookings **
Join us for a detox of body, mind & soul in the sun-soaked Spanish countryside.
So much more than just a yoga retreat, our Get the Glow! Yoga & Detox Retreats offer a total immersion in holistic, healing, transformative and life-changing practices. With delicious daily Yoga, Pilates, Hikes, Wellness talks, Yoga Nidra, guided Meditations, Detox cuisine, free time to sleep, sunbathe & relax by the pool plus, a whole host of optional activities, dreamy therapies & detox treatments to soothe and heal body, mind and soul.
This is the perfect opportunity to escape the crazy pace of life and reconnect with what sets your soul alight. Set within the sun soaked countryside at a tranquil private villa where you’ll be soothed and pampered by the finest local teachers & healers who have been carefully chosen to help you cleanse body & mind in an environment of loving kindness.
We deliberately limit the number of guests to ensure every one can luxuriate in the peace and stillness whilst you slow down, cleanse and have oodles of personal attention .. because we think you’re worth it!
So, if you want to feel lighter, brighter, energised, healthier, toned & tanned come join us for a Get the Glow! Yoga & Detox Retreat. We’ve got the perfect healing space waiting for you where you can give a great big boost to your health & well-being.
Expect to laugh lots, feel calmer and rediscover what truly sets your soul alight on a retreat that brings together all the magical ingredients needed to feel alive and vibrant again.
Relax, Cleanse & Recharge
Yoga & Detox Retreat Location
You’ll stay at a tranquil private villa near the coastal town of Javea, 75 mins north of Alicante airport. This oasis of calm & tranquility is in amongst lush groves of orange, olive and ancient carob trees. Check out the view below from the roof terrace …… stunning isn’t it!
This villa is a great refuge for those who love nature and big open skies and the perfect place to breathe deep as this area has been declared as one of the healthiest in the World! Sitting in a large private garden just off a quiet lane & 25 minutes walk to the historic ‘old town’ of Javea – so ‘civilisation’ is not far away! The Norwegian owners have worked tirelessly these past 2 years undertaking a full restoration programme of the villa and now the house has a calm, pure Scandinavian style.
Escape the manic pace of life and cleanse body, mind & soul
The inside of the house is comfortable and welcoming with 12 en-suite double bedrooms, a large lounge, kitchen and dining room. Outside in the Mediterranean gardens there are fragrant fruit trees, a lagoon pool with daybeds and many cosy corners & terraces where you can lounge & enjoy the serenity of this location in privacy … the house is exclusively ours so we’ll not be disturbed by other ‘non retreat’ guests!
The 12 double/twin rooms have a calming country chic feel with luxury, crisp white cotton bedding and light duvets to ensure a great nights sleep. Each room has WiFi, hot/cold air-conditioning, a closet and ensuite bathroom with hair dryer & power shower. And, as there are no TV’s in the house, you really can ‘switch off’. All rooms are available for single use too as we don’t ask – nor expect – you to share unless you want to share with a friend.
All bedrooms are pretty much the same size, although we have one large ensuite room that could easily accommodate 3 people if you were thinking of bringing/sharing with friends plus, there are 3 slightly smaller double/twin ensuite rooms that provide a cosy space to unwind. The 3 slightly smaller rooms & the large room are available at a reduced rate. Please let us know if you’d like one of the smaller doubles or if there are 3 of you sharing the large ensuite.
We’ve created the perfect balance of organised and free time to ensure there is plenty of opportunity to eat well, rest well & sleep well but also get out & about exploring our beautiful local area.
Each day begins with invigorating body brushing to kick start the flow of lymph & blood through your body and stimulate the process of cellular cleansing. Then, come into the garden & sit quietly whilst sipping your morning detox tea before you make your way to the morning yoga or Pilates session where we’ll open and gently challenge our bodies. Feeling awake & refreshed, time now for a deliciously healthy detox breakfast before we head out for some exercise – see summary below.
After lunch at the villa, afternoons are free to ensure your body has time to rest & recharge whilst you are detoxing. You could snooze, sunbathe, read by the pool in the sunshine, indulge in dreamy treatments to boost your detox, join Wellness talks, book a private consultation with our team or, wander into town before gathering late afternoon for a soothing yoga or Pilates practice before a tasty supper and chats before bed. Bliss!
Summary of retreat activities:
See the summary below of how your time could be spent. However, when you’re detoxing it’s super important to give yourself time to relax, slow down & listen to your body. So, if there’s a morning you want to stay in bed – please do – or an afternoon where you would rather explore town than come to class, that’s ok! Do whatever your soul needs.
During your stay you are welcome to join the …
- daily yoga to gently challenge & open your body
- Pilates to realign & strengthen your posture
- guided coastal hike to nudge your body into action on the first morning and see our beautiful countryside
- 6k power walk (or jog!) our ‘Fitness trail’
- saddle up at the local stables for a Horse Trek through the countryside*
- join local guide Jaime for a guided bike ride on quiet lanes through olive, orange & carob groves*
- detox your mind in guided relaxation sessions
- head to the sea for a spot of kayaking or snorkelling*
- join our health & wellness workshops .. topics that complement your detox experience
- wander into town & explore the winding streets of nearby Javea at your own pace
- relax with dreamy therapies & detox treatments*
- join our private health Chef in the kitchen for his Healthy Cooking workshop and learn how he makes some of the delicious dishes you’ll be eating on retreat
- unlock what’s already inside you by booking a private consultations with our team Life Coach, Kinesiologist & Nutrition Advisor*
Evenings, after supper, are generally free as we encourage you to have a few early nights whilst your body is cleansing. However, on some eves we’ve organised a little ‘entertainment’ .. join us up on the roof terrace for a spot of Star gazing, curl up in your PJs for a Movie Night or take a stress detox in the Meditation workshop.
Activities marked * aren’t everyone’s cup of (herbal!) tea & so we’ve not included them in the retreat price, they are from €30
Why Detox ?
A detox is one of the fastest ways to rid your body of toxins, to reawaken your body’s natural self-cleansing abilities, strengthen the immune system, give your digestive system a break and restore your glow. If you’d like to know more about detoxification, take a look at our detox blog post here
Our Detox Meals
You’ll be served utterly delicious vegetarian, vegan, raw food & juices during your detox. All our dishes are based on the principle that ‘food is medicine’ and therefore, we make full use of ingredients known for their healing & cleansing properties. Your body will be showered with an abundance of colourful fruits, vegetables, fresh herbs, spices, nuts, healthy grains & legumes. You’ll be giving yourself a break from energy zapping foods such as sugar, meat, dairy, wheat, processed food, caffeine & alcohol and replace these with meals that are highly nutritious, healing and rich in vibrant life giving energy.
We’ll reset your body’s natural equilibrium and allow your organs to cleanse, renew and repair.
Exercise during detox is important to encourage lymph drainage & blood flow which stimulate the movement of waste out of the body. In addition to the optional activities above, the daily yoga & Pilates classes include postures that purposefully stimulate the release of accummulated waste from the body. There’ll be twists for their ‘drain & rinse’ effect on the liver & digestive organs, back bends to release stagnation in the of the front body, inversions to drain lymph from the legs, groin and throat plus postures, breath work & meditations that will soothe anxiety and the nervous system. All classes are suitable for keen beginners to seasoned yogi’s. If you have any questions regarding the yoga/pilates, please ask us
Why should You join us?
- This is the PERFECT environment to step away from your busy life and check back in with yourself – body, mind and soul
- You’d like your body to feel stretched, toned and enlivened again
- You want to loose the feeling of being stuck, heavy, fuzzy headed and to feel clean, clear and energised
- You want to feel excited and inspired about where your life is heading
- You need a little extra motivation and encouragement for tackling a new venture or just getting greater clarity about an area in your life
- You want someone else to do the shopping, cleaning, cooking – for once!
- You need to just stop and look after yourself, eat well, loose a few pounds and reset your equilibrium
- Need more inspiration? Read our Is a detox really necessary? blog post
2016 Retreat Dates & Prices
** Special offer for early birds! **
Book 6 weeks before retreat & pay : March 3-8 from £795, June 26-1 July & October 6-11 from £845
Book within 6 weeks & pay : March 3-8 from £895, June 26-1 July & Oct 6-11 from £945
Pay in full or in instalments via bank transfer or with a card
Your retreat investment includes:
- Pre retreat guidance to help you prepare for your detox
- 5 nights accommodation a private tranquil villa (solo travellers see below*)
- All detox food – breakfast, lunch, dinners, juices & healthy snacks – prepared fresh by our own private health chef
- Morning organic detox teas
- 90 minute daily morning Yoga or Pilates practice
- 90 minute restorative evening yoga or Pilates session
- Guided relaxation session .. chance to really let go of deep rooted tension & anxiety
- Meditation workshop
- Guided coastal hike
- Informative Wellness talks
- 6k ‘Fitness Trail’
- Optional guided biking, horse trek, sea kayaking & snorkelling*
- Healthy Cooking Workshop – learn how to prepare some of our healthy detox dishes for back home
- Star gazing & Movie evenings
- Exfoliation mit for the essential morning ritual of skin brushing
- Holistic & beauty therapies with our awesome healing team*
- Towels for pool & bathroom
- Daily fruit & mineral waters
- Unlimited herbal & detox teas
- Access to our wellness team for private consultations – Nutrition Advisor, Life Coach, Kinesologist, Reflexologist*
- A gentle nurturing environment where you can reconnect with yourself
- Post detox guidance & recipes
- Lots of juicy retreat conversations & laughter!
- Time to snooze, sunbathe & relax by the pool in the sunshine with a book you’ve been meaning to read all year!
- Lots of love & care from our team!
Activities marked * are not everyone’s cup of (herbal!) tea & so are not included in your retreat price but can be organised from €25
Solo Guests. All rooms are twin or double bedded. If you’d like sole use of your room a supplement of £75 is levied.
What you need to add: Flights to Alicante, Airport Transfers – see below, single supplement of £75 if you’d like your own room, travel & medical insurance, optional activities & therapies outlined above.
Our Airport Transfer Service
We offer a private group airport transfer from/to Alicante airport which is €40 each way (aprox. £30). Journey time is 75 mins. We leave the airport on arrival day between 11.30-13.30. Please ensure your arrival flight lands no later than 12.45 on arrival day to allow sufficient time to collect your luggage & meet our driver. On the final day we arrive at airport for midday so ensure your flight departs no earlier than 13.30am.
For flights arriving/departing outside of our transfer times a private taxi (circa €130) or the local ‘resort hopper’ bus (€35 + taxi fare to our villa) can be arranged.