Yoga & Detox Glow Retreats
2016 : March 3-8, June 26-1 July & October 6-11 – all 2016 retreats now sold out!
2017 : June 4-9 & June 18-23 – Early Bird price from £898.00
(can’t make these dates? see our other retreats here)
Join us for a detox of body, mind & soul in the sun-soaked Spanish countryside.
So much more than just a yoga retreat, our Yoga & Detox Retreats are an opportunity for your body & mind to take a break from the crazy pace of life and receive a great big boost to their health & wellbeing in the warm sunshine at our tranquil private villa near the sea. The perfect wellbeing paradise!
Expect to feel great, energised and rested after this all inclusive health enhancing detox programme that includes full board uber delicious detox cuisine, daily yoga to release tension, pilates to strengthen & tone, exploration hikes, informative wellness talks, guided relaxations, peaceful meditations, optional biking, horse trekking or sea kayaking, dreamy therapies and time to snooze, read and sunbathe by the pool.
And, as we deliberately limit the number of guests, you’ll have oodles of personal attention and space to luxuriate in the peace and stillness of our exclusive detox villa – no other noisy holiday guests, just us enjoying the perfect healthy holiday.
“Best holiday I have ever had. I felt really looked after.” Rosie, June 2016
Why Detox ?
A detox is one of the fastest ways to rid your body of toxins, to reawaken your body’s natural self-cleansing abilities, strengthen the immune system, give your digestive system a break and restore your glow. If you’d like to know more about detoxification, take a look at our detox blog post here
Yoga & Detox Retreat Location
Our yoga & detox retreats take place at a spacious private villa 75 mins north of Alicante airport and just 25 mins walk to the coastal town of Javea .. so civilisation is never far away! This oasis of calm is set just off a quiet country lane amongst lush groves of orange, olive and ancient carob trees and is a great refuge for those who love nature & big open skies. Check out the view below from the villa roof terrace … stunning isn’t it!
The Norwegian owners have recently completed a through restoration of the house and now there’s a calm, pure Scandinavian style throughout. There are 12 double bedrooms, a large guest lounge/library, spacious kitchen and dining room. Outside in the Mediterranean gardens there are fragrant fruit trees, a lagoon pool with daybeds and many cosy corners & terraces where you can lounge & enjoy the serenity of this location in privacy. And, as we don’t expect – nor ask – solo guests to share, all rooms are available for single use for a reasonable supplement of £75 for the week.
“This holiday affected me in so many positive ways and you’ve helped change my relationship with food too. Thank you for a wonderful holiday, I feel amazing!” Val, March 2016
We’ve created the perfect balanced programme ensuring there is plenty of opportunity to rest, eat well & sleep well but also time to get out & about exploring the beautiful local area.
Each day begins with invigorating body brushing to kick start the flow of lymph & blood to stimulate the process of cellular cleansing. Then, come into the garden & sit quietly whilst sipping a morning detox tea before making your way to the yoga or Pilates session where we’ll open and gently challenge our bodies. Feeling awake & refreshed, time now for a deliciously healthy detox breakfast before we head out for some exercise – see summary below.
After lunch afternoons are left free to rest and recharge whilst your body directs its energy towards cleansing of your inner organs. Afternoons are great for a snooze, sunbathing, a read by the pool, indulging in dreamy therapies, join Wellness talks, booking a private consultation with our team or, explore the nearby town of Javea. Late afternoon we gather for restorative yoga, Pilates or guided meditation before a detox supper, chats and bed. Bliss!
“5 wonderful days of yoga, pilates, healthy eating and excellent facilities with friendly teachers, instuctors and therapists. Professionally and knowledgeably organised with many personal, individual touches. I will return very soon!” Lynn, June 2016
Summary of retreat activities
When you’re detoxing it is super important to give yourself time to slow down & to listen to your body. So if there’s a morning where you want to stay in bed – please do – or an afternoon where you would rather explore town than come to class, that’s ok! Do whatever your soul needs.
During your stay you are welcome to join the …
- daily yoga to gently challenge & open your body
- pilates to realign & strengthen your posture
- guided 12k hike to nudge your body into action and see our beautiful countryside
- 6k power walk (or jog!) our ‘Fitness trail’
- saddle up at the local stables for a Horse Trek through the countryside*
- join our local guide for a guided bike ride on quiet lanes through olive, orange & carob groves*
- detox your mind in guided relaxation sessions
- head to the sea for a spot of kayaking or snorkelling*
- join our health & wellness workshops .. themes to complement your detox experience
- wander into town & explore the winding streets of nearby Javea
- relax with dreamy therapies & detox treatments*
- join our private health Chef in the kitchen for his Healthy Cooking workshop and learn how he makes some of the delicious dishes you’ll be eating on retreat
- unlock what’s already inside you by booking a private consultations with our team Life Coach, Kinesiologist & Nutrition Advisor*
Activities marked * aren’t everyone’s cup of (herbal!) tea & so we’ve not included them in the retreat price, they are from €30
Evenings after supper are generally free as we encourage you to have a few early nights whilst your body is cleansing. However, on some eves we’ve organised a little ‘entertainment’ .. join us up on the roof terrace for a spot of Star gazing, curl up in your PJs for a Movie Night or take a stress detox in the Meditation workshop.
Our Detox Meals
You’ll be served utterly delicious vegetarian, vegan, raw food, juices & smoothies during your detox. All our dishes are based on the principle that ‘food is medicine’ and therefore, we make full use of ingredients known for their healing & cleansing properties. Your body will be showered with an abundance of colourful fruits, vegetables, herbs, spices, nuts, healthy grains & legumes. You’ll be giving yourself a break from energy zapping foods such as sugar, meat, dairy, wheat, yeast, processed food, chemicals & preservatives, caffeine & alcohol and replace these with meals that are highly nutritious, healing and rich in vibrant life giving energy.
We’ll reset your body’s natural balance allowing your organs to cleanse, renew and repair.
Detoxifying Yoga & Pilates
Exercise during a detox is super important to encourage lymph drainage & blood flow which stimulate the movement of waste out of the body. The daily yoga & Pilates sessions include postures that purposefully stimulate the release of accummulated waste from the body. There’ll be twists for their ‘drain & rinse’ effect on the liver & digestive organs, back bends to release stagnation in the of the front body, inversions to drain lymph from the legs, groin and throat plus postures, breath work & meditations that will soothe anxiety and the nervous system. All classes are suitable for keen beginners to seasoned yogi’s. If you have any questions regarding the yoga/pilates, please ask us
Why should You join us?
- This is the PERFECT environment to step away from your busy life and check back in with yourself – body, mind and soul
- You’d like your body to feel stretched, toned and enlivened again
- You want to loose the feeling of being stuck, heavy, fuzzy headed and to feel clean, clear and energised
- You want to feel excited and inspired about where your life is heading
- You need a little extra motivation and encouragement for tackling a new venture or just getting greater clarity about an area in your life
- You want someone else to do the shopping, cleaning, cooking – for once!
- You need to just stop and look after yourself, eat well, loose a few pounds and reset your equilibrium
- Need more inspiration? Read our Is a detox really necessary? blog post
2016 Retreat Dates & Prices – all now fully booked
March 3-8 from £795, June 26-1 July & October 6-11 from £898.00
2017 Retreat Dates & Prices
June 4-9 & June 18-23 – early birds price £898.00
Your investment in your health includes:
- Pre retreat guidance to help you prepare for your detox
- 5 nights accommodation a private tranquil villa (solo travellers see below*)
- Option to stay an extra night at end of retreat @ £70 to include breakfast, lunch and accommodation on day 6 and breakfast on departure day
- Option to bring a partner/friend to share your room & enjoy the full experience except yoga & Pilates sessions. Ask us for their preferential rate.
- An all inclusive detox meal plan: healing health shots, breakfasts, lunches, dinners, fresh raw juices, smoothies & superfood snacks prepared by our own health chef
- Daily morning yoga & Pilates practice
- Restorative evening yoga & Pilates sessions
- Guided relaxations .. really let go of embedded tension & anxiety
- Meditation workshop .. give the mind a detox
- Guided 12k hike
- Informative Wellness talks
- 6k ‘Fitness Trail’
- Optional guided biking, horse trek, sea kayaking & snorkelling*
- Healthy Cooking Workshop – learn how to prepare some of our healthy detox dishes for back home
- Star gazing & Movie evenings
- Exfoliation mit for the essential morning ritual of skin brushing
- Holistic & beauty therapies with our awesome healing team*
- Towels for pool & bathroom
- All yoga & Pilates equipment
- Daily fruit & mineral waters
- Unlimited detox & herbal teas
- Free WiFi .. or chose to disconnect!
- Access to our wellness team for holistic & healing therapies and private consultations*
- A gentle nurturing environment where you can unwind & reconnect with yourself
- Post detox guidance & recipes
- Lots of juicy retreat conversations & laughter :)
- Time to snooze, sunbathe & relax by the pool in the sunshine with a book you’ve been meaning to read all year!
- Lots of love & care from our team
Solo Guests. All rooms are twin or double bedded. If you’d like sole use of your room a supplement of £75 is levied.
Activities marked * are not everyone’s cup of (herbal!) tea & so are not included in your retreat price but can be organised from €25
What you need to add: Flights to Alicante, Airport Transfers – see below, travel & medical insurance, optional activities & therapies & optional extra night at end of retreat @ £70 half board
Our Airport Transfer Service
We offer a private group airport transfer from/to Alicante airport which is €40 each way (aprox. £30). Journey time is 75 mins. We leave the airport on arrival day between 12.30-13.30. Please ensure your arrival flight lands no later than 12.45 on arrival day to allow sufficient time to collect your luggage & meet our driver. On the final day we arrive at airport for midday so ensure your flight departs no earlier than 13.30am.
Flights arriving/departing outside of our transfer time a private taxi (circa €140) or the local airport shuttle bus (€35 + taxi fare to the bus pick up/drop off point) can be arranged.