Pure Yoga Retreat Holidays : Going Deeper
2016 : May 26-31 (1 space due to late cancellation!) & September 8-13 from £695
(can’t make these dates? see our other retreats here)
Location: Gorgeous boutique hotel near the sea in Denia, Alicante.
If you’re keen to re-kindle or develop your existing yoga practice, going on a yoga retreat is the perfect way to deepen your understanding with experienced teachers. You’ll feel the difference in just a few days which is all you need to ignite your yoga flame & kick start a regular practice back home.
Our Pure Yoga Retreat Holidays include carefully planned twice daily yoga sessions with plenty of alignment cues to keep you on track, different pranayama techniques and daily meditations all of which will help your body relax, open and strengthen. We’ll also delve into other aspects of yoga to ensure you have a full immersion into this ancient wisdom. You’ll feel so much better and notice an improvement in your yoga practice in just a week .
Held near the sea in the coastal town of Denia at a gorgeous little boutique hotel with 16 lovely en-suite rooms and a beautiful light-filled yoga studio. In addition to great yoga & meditations the holiday also includes; a guided coastal hike, delicious healthy food, optional therapies, guided biking, horse trekking and, course, time to relax at the beach & top up on your sunshine vitamin D!
Based at a beautiful little boutique hotel an hour north of Alicante in the historical old town of Denia – the original heart of the town and a short walk to the sea. The hotel was once a grand family home owned by a wealthy raisin merchant before being lovingly converted by the current owners, into a stylish house hotel. The owners are incredibly creative – artist, photographers, interior designers & Ayurvedic chef! – and have used their Feng Shui design skills to create a calming energy throughout the house.
All 16 rooms are en-suite and equipped with twin or double beds, hot & cold air-conditioning, hair-dryer, safety deposit, fresh towels, daily maid service, complimentary toiletries & WiFi. And, as we don’t expect our guests to share, all rooms are available for single use for a reasonable extra £75 for the entire holiday.
Held in a beautiful, light filled yoga studio at the hotel overlooking their lush courtyard patio. Here we open the huge glass doors wide to soak up the bird song and fresh air coming in from the sea.
The twice daily 90 minute yoga sessions combine the deep therapeutic stretches of Hatha with the warming flow of Vinyasa Yoga together with some deeply restorative Yin Yoga. Morning sessions include simple vinyasa flow sequences to warm the body, stretch the muscles and open the joints whilst synchronising breath with movement so your practice becomes a calming moving meditation. Evening sessions are more restorative and relaxing, holding postures a little longer and working with the breath to move deeper within.
During your yoga week we’ll also explore other aspects of yoga for a deeper immersion into this ancient practice. We’ll balance your chakras, practice different pranayama techniques, (re) visit the 8 limbs of yoga, discuss injury prevention, identify & move our life force ‘prana’ within the body plus a whole ton of other ‘good stuff’ that organically arises.
The level is suitable for keen beginners, those with a lapsed practice & intermediate yogis. Our teaching style is precise but relaxed. There’s no pressure to create perfect yoga postures, what’s more important is that you pay attention to how the yoga ‘feels’ in your body. Likewise there’s no room for ego as it’s not what we’re about. It doesn’t matter what other people around you are doing, just respect your body where it’s at now. Be patient, keep practicing and your body will open up & let you back in.
Read more about your yoga teachers here
Recent Guest Review
Pure Yoga Retreat Programme Overview
Each day begins around 8am with some fresh fruits & a cup of refreshing herbal tea sipped in the courtyard whilst you slowly awaken. Then, at 8.30am we begin our 90 minute morning yoga practice to open our bodies & senses to the day before a healthy delicious buffet breakfast/brunch at 10am. Feast on fresh fruits, wholesome cereals, yogurts, cheeses, eggs, freshly squeezed juices, breads, jams, honey.
Then, depending on the day, you could be :
- Heading out on the guided 14k coastal hike
- Taking part in the optional Guided Bike Ride or Horse Trekking
- Enjoying some pampering with our holistic therapies
- Or, simply heading to the beach to top up your tan & jump in the waves or explore the lovely vibrant town of Denia.
Late afternoon we regroup for the 2nd yoga class to unwind from the day before a delicious vegetarian supper. On 2 eves you are free to dine out at the local restaurants – the choice is wide. On one of these free eves we organise a meal at a local restaurant which you are free to join if you wish.
Everything is optional we simply want you to spend the holiday exactly how you wish so no problem if you decide to go ‘awol’ and skip a class or two, spend the day by the beach or explore Denia
Your Pure Yoga Retreat Investment includes:
2016 May 26-31 £695 & Sept 8-13 £715
Pay in full or in instalments via bank transfer or with a card
- 5 nights accommodation in beautiful en-suite twin or double room (single use available for £75) for the week)
- Welcome gathering & dinner day one
- Daily ‘light-breakfast’ of seasonal fruits & herbal teas prior to morning yoga
- 8 x 90 minute morning & evening yoga & meditation sessions with caring, experienced teachers
- Mudras, Meditation & Mantras workshop .. chance to explore various methods to calm mind & body
- Colourful & delicious buffet breakfasts each morning after class
- Utterly healthy vegetarian evening meals x3 with refreshments – fish option one night. During your stay there will be two evenings where your taste buds can explore local restaurants. One of these evenings we will organise a group meal at a local restaurant, your attendance is not compulsory nor complimentary, join us if you fancy.
- Guided 14k (flat) coastal walk to blow away the cobwebs!
- Optional: Guided Bike Ride & Horse Trek (from €25)
- Pampering therapies (from €35)
- Services of a Retreat Manager to help organise your stay
- Unlimited herbal teas throughout
- Well-being gifts to help you unwind
- Plenty of time to relax at the beach with a good book you’ve been meaning to read all year!
- Airport transfers* from/to Alicante @ €40 – at selected times – see below*
Have some questions? Check our FAQs or
Mail or call us now on:
(0034) 620 147 089
Need convincing? see our reviews
*Our private group airport transfer service.
Operates from/to Alicante airport. Pick up on arrival will be between 11am-13.00 & arrive at airport on final day for midday. Transfers take 75 minutes & cost €40 per person each way. Check your flight options to Alicante here.
Please ensure your flight arrives no later than 12.15 on arrival day & departs no earlier than 13.30 on departure day too allow time to clear customs & collect your luggage.
Flights outside of our transfer service we are happy to book a private taxi for you or book you on a resort ‘hopper’ shuttle bus service from/to the airport.