Proud to be a Top 10 Yoga Retreat in the World and featured in
Pure Yoga Retreat Holidays : Going Deeper
2017 : September 7-12 (now full) & October 5-10 from £715 Book Now
2018 : May 24-29 from £715
(can’t make these dates? see our other retreats here)
Location: Gorgeous boutique hotel near the sea in Denia, Spain.
If you’re keen to re-kindle or develop your existing yoga practice, going on a yoga retreat is the perfect way to deepen your understanding with experienced teachers. You’ll feel the difference in just a few days which is all you need to ignite your yoga flame & kick start a regular practice back home.
Our Pure Yoga Retreat Holidays are held near the sea in the vibrant coastal town of Denia, an hour north of Alicante. The programme includes carefully planned twice daily yoga sessions with plenty of alignment cues to keep you on track, different pranayama techniques and daily meditations all of which will help your body relax, open and strengthen. We’ll also delve into other aspects of this ancient healing system and help you create your own home yoga practice too.
In addition to daily yoga & meditations we have some great optional activities available too; guided bike ride, Aerial yoga, SUP yoga and gorgeous pampering therapies. Or simply simply head to the beach and relax in the sunshine with a book you’ve wanted to read all year!
You’ll feel so much stronger & calmer by the end of your stay and see a huge difference your yoga practice.
“I’ve thoroughly enjoyed my yoga holiday. It’s been a great way to relax and deepen my yoga practice. The hotel is gorgeous and the food has been absolutely delicious. The whole holiday has been very well organised and thought out. Thank you. Katy, May 2016”
You’ll be staying at a gorgeous little boutique hotel 15 minutes walk to the sea in the historic ‘old town’ of Denia staying alongside local Spanish families & close to Denia’s castle and tasty little tapas bars. The hotel was originally built in the early 19th century as a family home for a wealthy raisin merchant. Later, after serving time as a convent, the house came into the hands of the current Spanish owners who have lovingly resorted this beautiful house into a stylish, unique little hotel. The owners are an incredibly creative couple – artist, photographer, Ayurvedic chef & Feng Shui interior designers. Their creativity, design and Feng Shui skills bring a fabulous calming energy throughout the entire house.
All 16 bedrooms are en-suite and equipped with twin or double beds, hot & cold air-conditioning, hair-dryer, safety deposit, fresh towels, daily maid service, complimentary toiletries & WiFi. And, as we don’t expect our guests to share, all rooms are available for single use for a reasonable extra £75 for the entire holiday.
Held in a beautiful, light filled yoga studio at the hotel overlooking their lush courtyard patio. Here we open the huge glass doors wide to soak up the bird song and fresh air coming in from the sea.
The twice daily 90 minute yoga sessions combine the deep therapeutic stretches of Hatha with the warming flow of Vinyasa Yoga together with some deeply restorative Yin Yoga. Morning sessions include vinyasa flow sequences to warm the body, stretch muscles and open joints whilst synchronising breath with movement so that your practice becomes a moving meditation. Evening sessions are quieter, slower and restorative where we’ll hold postures a little longer working with the breath to move deeper within.
During your yoga week we’ll also explore other aspects of yoga to ensure you have a deep immersion into this ancient practice. We’ll balance your chakras, practice different pranayama techniques, teach you how to create your own home yoga practice, visit the 8 limbs of yoga, discuss injury prevention, identify & move our life force ‘prana’ within the body plus a whole ton of other ‘good stuff’ that organically arises.
The yoga level is suitable for keen beginners and the super flexible yogi. Our teaching style is precise but relaxed. There’s no pressure to create the perfect looking yoga posture as all our bodies are different – though we do encourage proper alignment to prevent injury. What’s more important is that you focus on how the yoga ‘feels’ in your body as yoga is something you feel not what you ‘do’. Likewise, there’s no room for ego so pay no attention to what others are doing around you, just respect where your body is at now. Be patient, keep practicing and your body will open up & let you back in.
Read more about your yoga teachers here
“A well put together holiday that I reckon exceeds all others! We will be back!” Karen, May 2016
Pure Yoga Retreat Programme Overview
Each day begins quietly with some fresh fruits & a cup of herbal tea sipped in the courtyard whilst you slowly awaken. Then, at 8.30am we begin a 90 minute morning yoga practice to open our bodies & senses to the day before a healthy delicious buffet breakfast/brunch where you can feast on fresh fruits, wholesome cereals, yogurts, cheeses, eggs, freshly squeezed juices, breads, jams, honey.
Then, depending on the day, you could be :
- Heading out on a guided 13k coastal hike
- Taking part in the optional Guided Bike Ride, SUP Yoga or Aerial Yoga Workshop
- Enjoying some pampering with our holistic therapies
- Taking a little Spanish siesta in your room
- Exploring the lovely town of Denia with its ancient Castle, picturesque streets, gorgeous little boutiques & alfresco cafes
- Or, simply head to the beach to top up your tan & jump in the waves :)
Late afternoon we regroup for the 2nd yoga class to unwind from the day before a delicious vegetarian supper. On 2 eves your taste buds are free to dine at the fabulous local restaurants – Denia has been awarded a UNESCO Creative Gastronomic City status so dining out is a sensory treat! On one of these free eves we organise a meal at a local restaurant which you are free to join if you wish.
Everything is optional we simply want you to spend the holiday exactly how you wish so no problem if you decide to go ‘awol’ and skip a class or two, spend the day by the beach or explore Denia
A little word from one of our guests …
2017 : September 7-12 & October 5-10 £715 / 2018 : May 24-29 £715
Pay in full or in instalments starting with £300 deposit via bank transfer or online with a card
Your Pure Yoga Retreat investment includes:
- 5 nights accommodation in beautiful en-suite twin or double room (single use available for £75 for the week)
- Welcome gathering & dinner day one
- Daily ‘light-breakfast’ of seasonal fruits & herbal teas prior to morning yoga
- 8 x 90 minute morning & evening yoga sessions with caring, experienced teachers
- Guided meditations & visualisations to help set your ‘energy’ for the day or to help you unwind from the day
- Mudras, Meditation & Mantras workshop .. chance to explore various methods to calm the mind & body
- How to create your own home yoga practice workshop
- Colourful & delicious buffet breakfasts each morning after class
- Utterly healthy vegetarian evening meals x3 with refreshments – fish option one night. During your stay there will be two evenings where your taste buds can explore local restaurants. One of these evenings we will organise a group meal at a local restaurant, your attendance is not compulsory nor complimentary, join us if you fancy.
- Guided 14k (flat) coastal walk to blow away the cobwebs!
- Optional: Guided Bike Ride, SUP Yoga & Aerial Yoga Workshops (from €25)
- Pampering therapies
- Services of a Retreat Manager to help organise your stay
- Unlimited herbal teas throughout
- Well-being gifts to help you unwind
- Plenty of time to relax at the beach with a good book you’ve been meaning to read all year!
- Airport transfers* from/to Alicante @ €40 – at selected times – see below*
Have some questions? Check our FAQs or
Mail or call us now on:
(0034) 620 147 089
Need convincing? see our reviews
*Our private group airport transfer service.
Operates from/to Alicante airport. Pick up on arrival will be between 11am-13.00 & arrive at airport on final day for midday. Transfers take 75 minutes & cost €40 per person each way. Check your flight options to Alicante here.
Please ensure your flight arrives no later than 12.15 on arrival day & departs no earlier than 13.30 on departure day too allow time to clear customs & collect your luggage.
Flights outside of our transfer service we are happy to book a private taxi for you or book you on a resort ‘hopper’ shuttle bus service from/to the airport.