Whilst we all love Summer’s energy and vibrancy, at some point, our energy begins to flag and we need to slow down, turn inward and rest from those high vibes that rev us up.
Our Go with Your Flow Summer Yoga Retreat holiday is ideal for you if you like the freedom of spending your days how you wish but with a daily dose of yoga to stretch and balance body & mind plus, optional ‘fun but good for you’ activities for when you’re feeling adventurous.
"What a fantastic yoga break. Every detail was well thought out and exceptional quality. The hotel couldn’t have been any more relaxing. Nicole is a wonderful yoga teacher and managed both the experienced pupils and the novices perfectly. A truly inspiring experience." Richard & Kate
Location : 4-star country house hotel with pool near the sea in Altea, Alicante
We’re delighted to host this retreat at a peaceful 300 year old Olive farm in the coastal town of Altea with views to the mountains & sea. It’s an hour from Alicante airport from where transfers are available ( see below).
This quiet little hotel has a fabulous setting as it sits at the very point where the countryside meets the edge of town & so we have space & tranquility and yet, we’re an easy 10 minutes walk to the very pretty white washed ‘old town’ of Altea and 25 mins walk (5 min cab) to the beach.
The 22 en-suite rooms are spacious and superbly equipped with double or twin beds, individually controlled hot/cold air-conditioning, mini-bar, TV, hair-dryer, safety deposit, WiFi, fresh towels & a daily maid service to freshen up your bathroom and make your bed .. you are on holiday after all!
Solo travellers are not asked – nor expected – to share rooms (unless you want to share with friends) hence all rooms are available for single use.
There’s a pool & sunbathing deck in the garden plus many quiet spots inside & out to rest, read and just ‘be’. The onsite yoga studio has superb views to the mountains and there’s a small gym & sauna together with a restaurant serving delicious Mediterranean dishes.
"I loved the hotel, the ambiance, the character and the delicious food." Carol
"Everything about my holiday was great! The yoga instruction was excellent, the hotel was lovely and the optional activities really added to my experience. In summary, a great location, excellent yoga, a friendly and welcoming atmosphere -what more could you ask for?!" Regina
Summer Yoga Retreat Programme : July 18–23, 2019
Each day begins with seasonal fruits & herbal teas sipped in the garden before a 90 minute ‘Sun Up’ Yoga & meditation practice to open our bodies & senses to the day.
The yoga is suitable for keen beginners to advanced yogi’s & includes breathing techniques – the best way to reinvigorate the body first thing – guided meditations to calm the mind and relax the body and a wide variety of yoga postures & sequences to open, lengthen and strengthen every part of your body.
An amazing start to your day.
After yoga its time for a hearty brunch where you’ll find a wide choice on buffet. Feast on wholegrain cereals, fresh seasonal fruits, local cheeses & Spanish cold cuts, freshly made Tortilla, yogurts (inc dairy free), fresh juice, assorted breads & pastries, teas & coffee. Special diets can be catered for with advance notice and the hotel owner – Vincenta – brings fresh eggs from her hens and cooks a delicious breakfast cake for us too! It’s a great spread that sets you up for the remainder of the day. We generally all breakfast together on one table and chat about plans for the remainder of the day.
After breakfast you might decide to:
- head to the pool for a snooze, swim or to loose yourself in a book
- explore the lovely town of Altea – considered to be one of the prettiest towns in this area & with some super little boutiques
- enjoy some pampering with our therapists – massages, facials, body exfoliation & more
- join Chef in the kitchen for a Spanish cookery masterclass
- head out with our guides for a mountain bike ride
- try your hand at aerial yoga
- sea kayaking or stand up paddle (SUP)
Lunch & evenings you’re free to dine where & when you fancy. The hotel has a great restaurant but you’ll also find a wide choice of restaurants in nearby Altea too. We tend to find our guests get together most nights & head into town to dine at one of the restaurants clustered in the church plaza.
Need convincing? See more of our reviews
Summer Yoga Holiday Retreat Date & Price
2019, July 18-23 from £595.00
Payment can be in UK Sterling or Euros in full or instalments – see how to book for details
- 5 nights accommodation in rural tranquility. Unless you’re bringing a friend to share you’ll be given your own double room for a small charge of £75.00 for the week.
- Welcome meeting with refreshments on arrival day – chance to meet your fellow retreaters
- 90 minute ‘Unwind & Be Here’ Yoga session on arrival day
- Daily 90 minute morning yoga session to stretch and balance mind & body
- Group dinner with refreshments on arrival day
- Daily herbal teas & fresh fruits each morning before yoga
- Delicious healthy buffet breakfast/brunch each day
- Herbal teas throughout your stay
- Towels for the pool
- Fluffy bathrobe & complimentary toiletries .. save on the packing!
- Services of a Retreat Manager to help organise local activities
- Group airport transfer service from/to Alicante at selected times – see below
- Opportunity to book additional summer fun activities from €30 such as Guided Bike Ride, Spanish cookery workshop, aerial yoga, Sea Kayaking, Stand up Paddle (SUP) and Therapies.
"A well put together holiday that I reckon exceeds all others! We will be back!" Karen
Airport Transfer Service.
Our private group transfer plans to leave Alicante airport on 18th July between 11-13.00 and arrive back at airport on 23rd July for midday. Transfers to our yoga hotel take an hour & are €40 each person, each way. Check your flight options here.