Pure Yoga Retreat overview
Going on a yoga retreat is the perfect way to develop or re-kindle your yoga practice and deepen your understanding in just a few days.
Our Pure Yoga Retreats include all that the beautiful art of yoga has to offer. With carefully planned twice daily yoga sessions led by seasoned teachers who’ll take you on a yoga journey linking asanas with breath work (pranayama), uplifting music, meditation and an exploration of some of yoga’s deepest gifts in the ‘Beyond the Asana‘ workshops all delivered with passion and a sense of playfulness.
In addition to twice daily yoga there’ll also be some ‘fun-but-good-for-you’ optional activities too. There is an optional guided walk along the beach, bike ride, Yoga on the sea on a Paddle Board, superb therapies & massages or, just head to the beach and relax in the sunshine.
Everything is optional .. even the yoga!
Whether you’re new to yoga or not, this retreat brings together all the elements of yoga in a simple but profound way
"This holiday has been a great way to relax and deepen my yoga practice. The hotel is gorgeous and the food has been absolutely delicious. The whole holiday has been very well organised and thought out. Thank you." Katy
Location for our Pure Yoga Retreats
Our Pure Yoga Retreats are held near the sea in the vibrant town of Denia, 75 minutes north of Alicante.
You’ll stay at a gorgeous little boutique hotel in the historic ‘old town’ – the original heart of Denia. A stay here promises a taste of the ‘real‘ Spain as you’ll be alongside local Spanish families, tasty tapas bars, a few steps from Denia castle and an easy 15 minute stroll to the sea.
Denia has two lovely sandy beaches, an elegant town with beautiful architecture, little boutiques, alfresco cafes, excellent restaurants and a marina where you can catch a boat to Ibiza … should you wish!
Pure Yoga Retreats - Accommodation
We are delighted to host this retreat at a very special little hotel. Built in the 19th century as a family home for a wealthy merchant, the house later became used as a convent before the current owners lovingly resorted the house into a beautiful & unique hotel with 18 exquisite rooms.
The owners just happen to be accomplished artists & Feng Shui interior designers and so there’s a lovely calm vibe throughout the entire house.
Each bedroom is beautifully styled with artwork & period furniture. All rooms have twin or double beds, hot & cold air-conditioning, hair-dryer, safety deposit, WiFi, TV, a daily maid service to keep everything fresh & sparkling and an ensuite bathroom with fluffy towels & complimentary organic toiletries.
You can chose a standard room or upgrade to a larger superior room. And, as we don’t expect our solo guests to share, all rooms are available for single use for a reasonable supplement of £75 for the week. We also have a couple of lovely large rooms with 4 single beds should your friends want to join you .. we’ll even give a discount for 3 or 4 sharing friends.
"A truly relaxing and wonderful retreat. Every tiny detail is taken care of so you feel completely supported. The yoga is great - excellent teachers who don't pressurise you & the food absolutely delicious. This is an amazing holiday." Lindsey
We’ll practice yoga in the hotel courtyard as there’s nothing better than practicing yoga in the fresh air under blue skies.
The twice daily 90 minute yoga sessions combine the deep therapeutic stretches of Hatha with the warming flow of Vinyasa Yoga together with some deeply Restorative Yoga.read more...
Morning sessions lean towards slow flowing vinyasa sequences to warm the body, stretch muscles and open joints whilst synchronising breath with movement so that your practice becomes a moving meditation. Evening sessions are quieter, slower and restorative where we’ll hold postures a little longer working with the breath to move deeper within.
During your yoga week we’ll also explore other aspects of yoga to ensure you have a deep immersion into this ancient practice.
We’ll balance your chakras, practice pranayama techniques, activate your pranic energy and explore some of yoga’s subtle but profound ‘secrets’ together with other ‘good stuff’ that organically arises.
The yoga level is suitable for keen beginners and the super flexible yogi. Our teaching style is precise but relaxed. There’s no pressure to create the perfect looking yoga posture as our bodies are all different – though we do encourage proper alignment to prevent injury. What’s more important is that you focus on how the yoga ‘feels’ in your body as yoga is something you feel not what you ‘do’. Likewise, there’s no room for ego so pay no attention to what others are doing around you, just respect where your body is now.
Meet your yoga teachers
Breathe. Practice Yoga. Meditate. Restore
We are blessed to have an abundance of underground springs in this area & so there is a year round bounty of fruits & veggies on our doorstep hence we make good use of this harvest in our menus that change seasonally.
We’ll nourish you with a delicious plant based diet (though locally caught fish is offered one evening for those that would like it). In the warmer months we tend towards dishes that are easily digested and cooling whereas in the milder months, we opt for hearty warming dishes that make you feel loved from the inside out.read more...
Breakfasts are buffet style with wholesome cereals, Spanish tortilla, local cheeses, yogurts (inc. dairy free), smoothies, seasonal fruits, juices, pancakes, sun kissed tomatoes & avocados, selection of breads & croissants, infusions & teas. Gluten & dairy free dishes are available too with advance notice.
We dine ‘at home’ on all but two eves leaving two eves free for your taste buds to explore the fabulous local dining options. Denia has been awarded UNESCO Creative City of Gastronomy & so the standards are high but eating out is still incredibly reasonable. We’ll organise a meal out on one of these free eves too should you like to join us.
Pure Yoga Retreats Programme Overview
2020 : May 7-12 (1 space), June 4-9 & September 10-15
We encourage silence each morning until breakfast & so each day begins quietly with fresh fruits & herbal teas to help you slowly awaken. Then, step onto your mat for a 90-minute yoga practice to open bodies & senses to the day followed by a lovely buffet brunch created with love by our Chef. Nourish your body with seasonal fruits, wholesome cereals, yogurts, local cheeses & cold cuts, egg dishes, sun kissed tomatoes & avocados, fresh juice, a variety of breads, croissants, jams, honey, teas & infusions plus Chef’s special ‘dish of the day’.
After brunch you are free to spend the day how you wish but maybe you’d like to join one of our optional ‘fun but good for you’ activities, take yourself to the beach, explore the very pretty town & castle or find a cosy corner at the hotel and loose yourself in a book.
Late afternoon we gather again for another 90 minute yoga journey into our bodies. Then after a short rest, its time to get together for a deliciously healthy plant based supper. We’ll dine at the hotel on all but two evenings as we thought you’d like to try the fabulous local restaurants. On one of these free eves, we’ll organise a meal at a local restaurant which you are free to join if you wish.
In addition to twice daily yoga you could:
- Join us for a 13k guided coastal walk
- Sign up for the Guided Bike Ride, Aerial Yoga or Yoga on the sea (SUP yoga)
- Soothe your senses with some superb pampering with our elite wellness team
- Curl up with a good book or take a guilt free snooze in your room
- Explore the town with it’s castle, picturesque streets, gorgeous little boutiques & alfresco cafes
- Or, simply head to the beach to top up your tan & jump in the waves :)
We do like our retreats to be super relaxed & so if there’s a morning you’d like a lie-in or an afternoon where you’d like to skip class and stay at the beach, no problem! Do whatever your soul asks.
Need convincing? See more of our reviews
Pure Yoga Retreats Dates & Investment
May 7-12 (1 space) : Standard room from £825.00 / Superior room from £875.00
June 4-9 & September 10-15 : Standard room from £845.00 / Superior room from £895.00
Payment can be in UK Sterling or Euros in full or instalments – see how to book for details
Your Pure Yoga Retreat includes:
- 5 nights accommodation in a beautiful boutique hotel in an en-suite twin or double room. Unless you’re bringing a friend to share with you you’ll be given your own room for a supplement of £75 for the entire retreat to be added to the prices above.
- Your choice of standard or superior room
- Option to book extra nights on a bed & breakfast basis – ask us for details
- Welcome circle day one – chance to meet everyone
- Healthy buffet breakfasts bursting with fruits, wholesome cereals, egg dishes, Spanish cheeses & cold cuts, yogurts, smoothies, pancakes, juice, assorted breads, croissants, infusions & teas
- Utterly delicious 3-course suppers at the hotel on your first, second & last evening. Suppers are vegetarian or vegan though we offer local fish one eve for those that would like it. Gluten & dairy free diets can be catered for with advance notice. On your two free evenings your taste buds can explore the excellent local restaurants, on one of these eves we’ll organise a group meal at a local restaurant if you’d like to join us.
- Morning fruits & herbal teas to help you awaken
- 4 x 90 minute inspiring & uplifting morning yoga sessions with caring, experienced teachers
- 4 x 90 minute evening yoga sessions
- Guided meditations, mantras & visualisations to help set your ‘energy’ for the day or evening
- ‘Love your Mind’ Meditation workshop .. explore various techniques to calm mind & body
- Beyond the Asana workshops to share some yoga philosophy & delve a little deeper into yoga’s secrets
- Guided 13k (easy) beach walk
- Optional activities: Guided Biking, Aerial Yoga & Stand Up Paddle Yoga on the sea at reasonable prices
- Pampering therapies with our elite wellness team
- Services of one of our Retreat Managers to ensure everything goes smoothly & you don’t have to lift a finger – we’re quite serious about that!
- Unlimited herbal teas throughout to keep you hydrated
- Well-being gifts to help you unwind
- Option to join our private airport transfer service from/to Alicante @ €40 – see below*
"My lasting memories will be of a time and place where I felt at peace with my body and all around me and, the massage which was among the best I’ve ever had!" Stephanie
Our private airport transfer service
We offer a private group airport transfer from/to Alicante airport which is €40 each way. Journey time is 75 minutes. We leave the airport on arrival day between 11.00-13.00 and arrive back at airport on final day at approximately mid-day. Check your flight options to Alicante here.
Please ensure your arrival flight lands no later than 12.45 on arrival day to allow sufficient time to collect your luggage & meet our driver. On the final day you should book a flight that departs no earlier than 13.30.
Flights outside of our transfer service we are happy to either, book a private taxi or book you on an airport shuttle bus service from/to Alicante airport.