Pure Yoga Retreat overview
Sorry, all our 2019 Pure Retreats are now fully booked. Contact us if you’d like to be told of any cancellations.
If you’re keen to develop or re-kindle your yoga practice going on a yoga retreat is the perfect way to deepen your understanding and see a huge difference in just a few days.
Our Pure Yoga Retreats include all that yoga has to offer with carefully planned twice daily yoga sessions where you’ll be taught more than just how to safely move from one posture to another.
We’ll help your yoga practice develop with tips to enhance the body mind connection, plenty of alignment cues to help you fine tune, drench your body with oxygen, experience deep meditations and share some yogic philosophy too.
We’ll even teach you how to create your own yoga practice to inspire you to continue at home
In addition to twice daily yoga there’ll be some ‘fun-but-good-for-you’ optional activities too. There is a guided hike along the beach, a bike ride, Yoga on the sea on a Paddle Board, superb therapies & massages or you can just head to the beach and relax in the sunshine. Everything is optional .. even the yoga!
Whether you’re new to yoga or not, this retreat brings together all the elements of yoga in a simple but profound way
"This holiday has been a great way to relax and deepen my yoga practice. The hotel is gorgeous and the food has been absolutely delicious. The whole holiday has been very well organised and thought out. Thank you." Katy
Location for our Pure Yoga Retreats
Our Pure Yoga Retreats are held near the sea in the vibrant town of Denia, an hour north of Alicante.
You’ll stay at a gorgeous little boutique hotel in the historic ‘old town’ – the original heart of Denia. A stay here promises a taste of the ‘real‘ Spain as you’ll be alongside local Spanish families, tasty tapas bars, a few steps from Denia castle and just a 15 minute stroll to the sea.
Denia has a lovely long sandy beach, an elegant town with beautiful architecture, little boutiques, alfresco cafes, excellent restaurants and a marina where you can catch a boat to Ibiza … should you wish!
Pure Yoga Retreats - Accommodation
Our lovely yoga hotel was built in the 19th century for a wealthy merchant. Later, after being used as a convent, the house was purchased by the current Spanish owners who have lovingly resorted this beautiful house into a unique & stylish hotel.
The owners are Feng Shui interior designers and so there’s a lovely calm vibe that permeates through the entire house.
Each of the 18 bedrooms are beautifully styled and decorated with original artwork & period furniture. All rooms have their own ensuite bathroom and are equipped with twin or double beds, hot & cold air-conditioning, hair-dryer, safety deposit, fresh towels, a daily maid service, complimentary toiletries & WiFi.
You can chose to stay in a regular room or upgrade to a larger superior room. And, as we don’t expect our solo guests to share, all rooms are available for single use.
"The hotel was lovely and I got to meet a great bunch of people from different parts of the globe." Regina
We’ll practice yoga in the open courtyard as there’s nothing better than doing yoga in the fresh air under blue skies.
The twice daily 90 minute yoga sessions combine the deep therapeutic stretches of Hatha with the warming flow of Vinyasa Yoga together with some deeply restorative Yin Yoga.read more...
Morning sessions include vinyasa flow sequences to warm the body, stretch muscles and open joints whilst synchronising breath with movement so that your practice becomes a moving meditation. Evening sessions are quieter, slower and restorative where we’ll hold postures a little longer working with the breath to move deeper within.
During your yoga week we’ll also explore other aspects of yoga to ensure you have a deep immersion into this ancient practice.
We’ll balance your chakras, practice different pranayama techniques, teach you how to create your own home yoga practice, visit the 8 limbs of yoga, identify & move your life force ‘prana’ within the body plus a whole ton of other ‘good stuff’ that organically arises.
The yoga level is suitable for keen beginners and the super flexible yogi. Our teaching style is precise but relaxed. There’s no pressure to create the perfect looking yoga posture as our bodies are all different – though we do encourage proper alignment to prevent injury. What’s more important is that you focus on how the yoga ‘feels’ in your body as yoga is something you feel not what you ‘do’. Likewise, there’s no room for ego so pay no attention to what others are doing around you, just respect where your body is now.
Read more about your yoga teachers
Breathe. Practice Yoga. Meditate. Restore
We are blessed to have an abundance of underground springs in this area & so there is a year round bounty of fruits & veggies on our doorstep hence we make good use of this harvest in our menus that change seasonally.
We’ll nourish you with a delicious plant based diet (though locally caught fish is offered one evening for those that would like it). In the warmer months we tend towards dishes that are easily digested and cooling whereas in the milder months, we opt for hearty warming dishes that make you feel loved from the inside out.read more...
Breakfasts are buffet style with wholesome cereals, Spanish tortilla, local cheeses, yogurts (inc. dairy free), smoothies, seasonal fruits, juices, pancakes, sun kissed tomatoes & avocados, selection of breads & croissants, infusions & teas. Gluten & dairy free dishes are available too with advance notice.
We dine ‘at home’ on all but two eves leaving two eves free for your taste buds to explore the fabulous local dining options. Denia has been awarded UNESCO Creative City of Gastronomy & so the standards are high but eating out is still incredibly reasonable. We’ll organise a meal out on one of these free eves too should you like to join us.
Pure Yoga Retreats Programme Overview
2019 : May 23-28, June 6-11 & September 5-10th
Each day begins quietly with some fresh fruits & herbal teas to help you slowly awaken before a 90-minute yoga practice to open bodies & senses to the day followed by a deliciously healthy buffet breakfast of fruits, wholesome cereals, yogurts, local cheeses & cold cuts, egg dishes, sun kissed tomatoes & avocados, a special dish of the day, fresh juice, variety of breads, croissants, jams, honey, teas & infusions.
Then, dependent on the day, they’ll be an activity you can join if you wish. (See activities on the right).
Late afternoon we gather again for another yoga session to unwind from the day. Then after a short break its time for supper & chats before bed.
We dine at the hotel on all but two evenings as we thought you’d like to try the fabulous local restaurants. On one of these free eves, we’ll organise a meal at a local restaurant which you are free to join if you wish.
During your week, you could join any of these ‘fun-but-good-for-you’ activities :
- Stride out on our 13k guided beach walk
- Take part in the optional Guided Bike Ride, Aerial Yoga or Yoga on a Paddle Board
- Soothe your senses with superb pampering with our elite wellness team
- Curl up with a good book or take a guilt free snooze in your room
- Explore the town with it’s castle, picturesque streets, gorgeous little boutiques & alfresco cafes
- Or, simply head to the beach to top up your tan & jump in the waves :)
Everything is optional, just spend your holiday exactly how you wish. It’s no problem if you want to skip a class for a lie in or to spend more time at beach.
Need convincing? See more of our reviews
2019 Pure Yoga Retreats Dates & Prices
May 23-28th regular room £735.00. Superior room £780.00. SOLD OUT!
June 6-11th regular room £745.00. Superior room £790.00. SOLD OUT!
September 5-10th regular room £775.00. Superior room £820.00. SOLD OUT!
Payment can be in UK Sterling or Euros in full or instalments – see how to book for details
Your Pure Yoga Retreat includes:
- 5 nights accommodation in our beautiful boutique hotel in an en-suite twin or double room. Unless you’re bringing a friend to share with you you’ll be given your own room for an extra £75 for the retreat
- Choice of regular double or superior room
- Option to book extra nights on a bed & breakfast basis – ask us for details
- Welcome meeting with refreshments on day one – chance to meet everyone
- Healthy buffet breakfasts bursting with fruits, wholesome cereals, egg dishes, Spanish cheeses & cold cuts, yogurts, smoothies, pancakes, juice, assorted breads, croissants, infusions & teas
- Utterly delicious 3-course suppers at the hotel on your first, second & last evening. Suppers are vegetarian or vegan though we offer local fish one eve for those that would like it. Gluten & dairy free diets can be catered for with advance notice. On your two free evenings your taste buds can explore the excellent local restaurants, on one of these eves we’ll organise a group meal at a local restaurant if you’d like to join us.
- Morning fruits & herbal teas to help you awaken
- 4 x 90 minute inspiring & uplifting morning yoga sessions with caring, experienced teachers
- 4 x 90 minute evening yoga sessions
- Guided meditations, mantras & visualisations to help set your ‘energy’ for the day or evening
- ‘Love your Mind’ Meditation workshop .. explore various methods to calm the mind & body
- Workshop on How to create your own home yoga practice
- Guided 13k (easy) beach walk
- Optional activities: Guided Biking, Aerial Yoga & Stand Up Paddle Yoga on the sea
- Pampering therapies with our elite wellness team
- Services of one of our Retreat Managers to ensure everything goes smoothly & you don’t have to lift a finger – we’re quite serious about that!
- Unlimited herbal teas throughout to keep you hydrated
- Well-being gifts to help you unwind
- Option to join our private airport transfer service from/to Alicante @ €40 – see below*
"My lasting memories will be of a time and place where I felt at peace with my body and all around me and, the massage which was among the best I’ve ever had!" Stephanie
Our private airport transfer service
We offer a private group airport transfer from/to Alicante airport which is €40 each way. Journey time is 75 minutes. We leave the airport on arrival day between 11.00-13.00 and arrive back at airport on final day at approximately mid-day. Check your flight options to Alicante here.
Please ensure your arrival flight lands no later than 12.45 on arrival day to allow sufficient time to collect your luggage & meet our driver. On the final day you should book a flight that departs no earlier than 13.30.
Flights outside of our transfer service we are happy to either, book a private taxi or book you on an airport shuttle bus service from/to Alicante airport.